To wholesale in Boston or New Hampshire

8 Replies

Hey BP,

Wanted to see if I could get some feedback from everyone.  I'm about to begin my marketing campaign by developing my list on listsource as my first step.  Having a hard time deciding which market I should go after... New Hampshire, which is where I live (about 20 minutes from the mass border), or Boston area.  I work in Waltham 3-4 days a week so it would be feasible but wanted to see how any wholesalers success rates were in any of these respective markets.  In New Hampshire I would mainly be focusing in the Nashua, Merrimack and Manchester area.

Thanks in advance!

Corey

Hey Corey!

You will find a lot of people in both states willing to do projects in the other.

My advice is start off targeting a couple places on either side of the border to get the biggest pool of possible buyers.  If you concentrate as far north as Manchester you will start to have a big fall off in the amount of MA people willing to go that far.  Similarly if you are in the Greater Boston area not many of the NH contacts you make will go that far.  Also frankly any place fairly close to Waltham will be the most competitive of the whole range you are looking at so, while a good deal will sell instantly, it will be that much harder to find a deal starting out.

I think you are on the right track with the Nashua area.  Depending on exactly how deep you want to drill it based on you marketing plan I'd pick like 1-3 places on either side of the MA/NH border.  In NH places like Nashua, Hudson, Pelham etc. to have the most appeal to MA people too and a few places in the Greater Lowell/Merrimack Valley area in MA (Probably not Lowell itself but places like Dracut, Chelmsford, Methuen, Tewksbury etc.).  

Shaun Reilly, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9517670)
1-800-774-0737

@Corey Hassan As Shaun mentioned, you want to ensure you're wholesaling in an area where there are a good number of buyers. I'd recommend connecting with buyers at REI networking events and asking people on BP where they want to buy. Collect the data and then market to the areas that have the most commonalities amongst investors.

I buy in the Merrimack Valley and North Middlesex County.  If you want my complete criteria, check out my website HERE and complete the form.  You'll get an email with a link to my criteria.

@Shaun Reilly  

and @Justin Silverio  

Thanks for the recommendations. I am planning on going to the REI meeting this Wednesday in Manchester NH and the one next week in Nashua, NH as well. Do either of you attend the Nashua one? I am assuming the Manchester one is a little too far out of the way for you guys. Would love to meet up at some point.

Originally posted by @Corey Hassan :

@Shaun Reilly 

and @Justin Silverio  

Thanks for the recommendations. I am planning on going to the REI meeting this Wednesday in Manchester NH and the one next week in Nashua, NH as well. Do either of you attend the Nashua one? I am assuming the Manchester one is a little too far out of the way for you guys. Would love to meet up at some point.

Hey Corey,

Yeah the Manchester one is a bit too much of a haul for me.  It is on the someday maybe wish list, but only so many days in the month already!

This is the first meeting of that Nashua meeting but I am planning on attending so hopefully I will see you there. 

Shaun Reilly, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9517670)
1-800-774-0737

Hi,

How do I find wholesaling mentors in Boston?  I am new at real estate investment, and I would like to network and learn from wholesalers.

Thank you!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.