Pricing wholesales?

2 Replies

I've successfully closed one and have another assignment in escrow currently. Both wholesale deals. I'm on a few other wholesale buyers lists and network with only one actively at the moment. I've been watching their listings to check their marketing prices vs the 70% rule and found that they run around 75-80% on average. Thus the two that I've marketed have been around the 75% mark after repairs and sold around 72%.
I'm happy to continue in this fashion however, my "buyers" list has been inactive. About half open the emails and about 10% open them several times. Do you think I should be pricing these lower? I know it's only two deals so far but the first one sold in 24hrs. The second sold in 5 days.
Give me your 2¢
I'm in Tulsa, OK

@Jason Douthitt how are you selling your homes? If you have a cash buyer list just send then the address and put a lock box on the home(s) have you cash buyers go inspect the home and make you an offer. I like that method cause sometimes they offer more than I was planning on charging

Not sure I understand correctly.  When SELLING your contracts, of course it's good if you can get better than 70% from your buyer.  It's only when you are first making Offers to Seller/s to get a property under contract in the first place that you need to ensure that there is still something in it for you if you have to on-sell it for no more than 70%.  Am I missing something? (Not sure about your suggestion about "pricing these lower" - people can always try to negotiate downwards, but, if you have already set the price down, who is going to negotiate upwards?). Cheers...

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.