Probate leads

8 Replies

Hi everyone, 

My question is how far back would you search for probate leads at the county courthouse?...

6 months. Not too far back but not too soon to the point where they are still crying over the death. Just my two cents @Kevin Carbon  

Originally posted by @Kevin Carbon :

Hi everyone, 

My question is how far back would you search for probate leads at the county courthouse?...

 Kevin - here's the thing

as long as the decedent is still on title - it's still a good lead!!! (remember they filed the petition)

I have probate leads that are a year old - decedent is still on title - most investors quit chasing - 

we are the only players left in the game - it's getting ready to fall off the tree!!

Probate investing is NOT quick pickings!!! Probate investing is about long term marketing!!

it's about vision!! if you need immediate return - i suggest you find another niche

Remember the probate market will never / never go away -how long can you sustain your marketing campaign

Michael Rae

Of course, the decedent did not file the probate. 

FYI, we work many cases each year that are "pre-probate" in that the record owner us deceased but no probate action has been filed (yet). 

When I was actively marketing to PR's we wanted to keep about 1,000 - 5,000 active records in our system and mailed a sequence of pieces over a period up to 18 months. 

You can really work with as few as 50-250 records IMHO if your marketing is effective. Since I work all 58 counties and have done this for decades, I no longer market offline direct to principals (PR's) or heirs + Bene's. 

After building a respectable size list, I suggest you segment your list further and identify additional problems that can be pulled from public records. 

My role now is working the complicated probate puzzle case files that others (esoecially attorneys) don't figure out. I leave the simple files for the house buy/sell crowd.

Originally posted by @Rick H. :

Of course, the decedent did not file the probate. 

FYI, we work many cases each year that are "pre-probate" in that the record owner us deceased but no probate action has been filed (yet). 

When I was actively marketing to PR's we wanted to keep about 1,000 - 5,000 active records in our system and mailed a sequence of pieces over a period up to 18 months. 

You can really work with as few as 50-250 records IMHO if your marketing is effective. Since I work all 58 counties and have done this for decades, I no longer market offline direct to principals (PR's) or heirs + Bene's. 

After building a respectable size list, I suggest you segment your list further and identify additional problems that can be pulled from public records. 

My role now is working the complicated probate puzzle case files that others (esoecially attorneys) don't figure out. I leave the simple files for the house buy/sell crowd.

 Rick - great advise!!  man - you hit it right  on the head -

BTW - what is "Pre-Probate"  is this obituary leads???

Michael Rae

Pre-probate, as the name implies, is a situation where the record title owner is deceased and no probate action filed. 

Contrary to popular belief, probate is not automatic and requires an affirmative filing. 

A couple of years ago California's Deoartment of Health Care Service referred to me a stack of 90 cases where no probates had been filed, county PA's would not accept and families would not take any action.  I passed on these for personal reasons (I already had too much on my plate) and CA-DOJ took over these Medi-Cal claims. 

I have acquired many, many properties with substantial equity and profits that never became probates.

Originally posted by @Rick H. :

Pre-probate, as the name implies, is a situation where the record title owner is deceased and no probate action filed. 

Contrary to popular belief, probate is not automatic and requires an affirmative filing. 

A couple of years ago California's Deoartment of Health Care Service referred to me a stack of 90 cases where no probates had been filed, county PA's would not accept and families would not take any action.  I passed on these for personal reasons (I already had too much on my plate) and CA-DOJ took over these Medi-Cal claims. 

I have acquired many, many properties with substantial equity and profits that never became probates.

 Rick - sounds like you have some major connections and many years invested getting these connections - 

we like to keep it simple (eezy - peezy) 

our marketing module gets the phone to ring - if it gets to complicated, we will hand you the deal, we will be in touch

Michael Rae 

Originally posted by @MICHAEL YBARRA :
Originally posted by @Rick Harmon:

Of course, the decedent did not file the probate. 

FYI, we work many cases each year that are "pre-probate" in that the record owner us deceased but no probate action has been filed (yet). 

When I was actively marketing to PR's we wanted to keep about 1,000 - 5,000 active records in our system and mailed a sequence of pieces over a period up to 18 months. 

You can really work with as few as 50-250 records IMHO if your marketing is effective. Since I work all 58 counties and have done this for decades, I no longer market offline direct to principals (PR's) or heirs + Bene's. 

After building a respectable size list, I suggest you segment your list further and identify additional problems that can be pulled from public records. 

My role now is working the complicated probate puzzle case files that others (esoecially attorneys) don't figure out. I leave the simple files for the house buy/sell crowd.

 Rick - great advise!!  man - you hit it right  on the head -

BTW - what is "Pre-Probate"  is this obituary leads???

Michael Rae

"obituary" leads are not probates - court cases are probates..

Originally posted by @Mark Pedroza :
Originally posted by @MICHAEL YBARRA:
Originally posted by @Rick Harmon:

Of course, the decedent did not file the probate. 

FYI, we work many cases each year that are "pre-probate" in that the record owner us deceased but no probate action has been filed (yet). 

When I was actively marketing to PR's we wanted to keep about 1,000 - 5,000 active records in our system and mailed a sequence of pieces over a period up to 18 months. 

You can really work with as few as 50-250 records IMHO if your marketing is effective. Since I work all 58 counties and have done this for decades, I no longer market offline direct to principals (PR's) or heirs + Bene's. 

After building a respectable size list, I suggest you segment your list further and identify additional problems that can be pulled from public records. 

My role now is working the complicated probate puzzle case files that others (esoecially attorneys) don't figure out. I leave the simple files for the house buy/sell crowd.

 Rick - great advise!!  man - you hit it right  on the head -

BTW - what is "Pre-Probate"  is this obituary leads???

Michael Rae

"obituary" leads are not probates - court cases are probates..

 Wow - Mark

please refer to our question -  we totally understand the probate process - we work them everyday... (we know they are filed cases with the superior courts)

case number = judicial process

Pre Probates is not a judicial process (cause the petition was never filed) 

the question is:   is this an obituary lead??

Michael Rae

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here