pniladelphia newbie

14 Replies

My name is Michael Palmore and I am new to real estate investing. I learned a lot about wholesale investing and was hoping to get help on getting started. I tried and didn't succeed so I was hoping to get more information and a point in the right direction. 

Failure is the stepping stone to success. Good to see you aren't giving up. I'm new in the field as well and would love to hear about your failure/ don'ts . Only if you'd be up to it of course

@Michael Palmore

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Couple good reads 

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Hi @Michael Palmore !

Welcome to biggerpockets! Do not focus on failure. Nothing worthy comes easy. Glad you joined this site and for sure this group would help you out succeed on your real estate investing! Wishing you all the best! Keep growing!

thanks for your input @marlon Wilson

And Account Closed

@jai 

@Jai E. I wouldn't mind sharing I'll send you a colleague request and we can exchange info

Just stick with it if you're serious. there is money to be made out here. But it won't be given to you.

@Ralph Pena I checked out your profile how did you get started? I was introduced to rich dad poor dad as well.

i just jumped in the game. Bought a duplex via fha. got licensed. continued educating myself daily. and still hustling hard and staying active daily.

@Ralph Pena sounds good but I'm sure you did some type of research for your target area right? You didn't judt buy a duplex and hoped it worked out im assuming.

no research just dove right in. I mean i did learn that you want to feel safe coming home so after i knew i wanted it. Came back parked in front of the house at night to see the neighborhood and traffic it got. But if i knew what i know now...... I prolli still go through with it. it's been one of the best things in my life to happen.

@Ralph Pena wow I think you're one of the first people I met who dive right in.  What attracted you about the area? Where is the house at if you don't mind me asking 

it was turm key, and one of the few mfh available during the time. Also vacant, both units. so also a fresh start.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.