First Property Under Contract!!!!

36 Replies

So about a month and a half ago I decided to stop thinking. I just decided to finally start investing in real estate. I posted here on bp and connected with a few other investors in the Atlanta area. One of whom decided to be my mentor and teacher after we met in person.  Well I had already did my research and had decided that I wanted to start out wholesaling because my funds were limited.  I had read all about the absentee owner lists and yellow letters, I figured this is where I would start.  Well after talking it over with my mentor he advised me to try probates.  I had no clue what probates were. Well he met with me at our local courthouse and he showed me how to get these probate listings.  I got 10 probates the next day and mailed them out immediately. I added my own personal touch by adding a sympathy card with my signature.  Well the very first letter I mailed I got a call back maybe 2 days later. We went and looked at the house and made an offer on it the same day.  After about a week we got the property under contract this past Saturday.  Now we just have to find a buyer. My mentor has a buyer list and we attended a couple rei meetings just today. The property is located in Hiram,GA if anyone in the area might be interested.  Thanks to my mentor and now my friend @Mike Watkins for being there and really giving me some great advise. I'm now obsessed with re investing and ill be mailing probates out every week. Also I will be doing an absentee owner dm here in the next few weeks. I need a buyer list and I'm also happy to help someone if I can just as Mike helped me.. I'll keep you guys posted on when we sell and close on the property.

Love to hear these success stories.  Keep us informed of your progress.

614-395-6103

Congrats Jeff ! also a newbie wholesaler . located in atlanta. I have been trying to navigate this process on my own. But would love to have a mentor. I  never thought to reach out here for one on BP.Great idea. I also am starting with probates. I sent letters last week and got my first lead. Motivated seller from out of state with two properties! 

Because i dont have a buyer's  list. I am reaching out to a real estate agent who is a friend  to find a buyer. it's harder doing this on your own. I plan to seek out a mentor  as you did. Or at least someone for a little advise moving forward with this.

Good luck with your deal.

Congratulations!!! If it's a good the buyer will come.

Congratulations! Stay diligent until you close.

Thanks everyone. I'll def keep you guys posted on what happens next. 

Congrats, don't forget your due diligence and exit strategy. 

It is not difficult forming or getting buyers lists by yourself, you have to start your search on the internet by searching "Real Estate Cash Buyers in Atlanta, GA." After the search page opens online, you have to search most of the links by RIGHT CLICKING, and OPEN IN NEW WINDOW. When you search like this, you can always come back to the main page to continue opening more links in the main page, or continue to the next page by clicking the page number at the main page base. You will see cash buyers in your area, then open your MS Excel page and copy and paste their information you can get, especially their names, addresses, and phone numbers.

Also, you will see little signs with phone numbers in your city and neighborhoods that says we BUY HOUSES IN ANY CONDITION for CASH, you have to put these numbers in your MS Excel sheets. You will also see these signs on vehicles as you drive in your city or area, write these phone numbers down in a page, and transfer them into your MS Excel sheet ASAP.

There are more ways, good luck.  

@Jeff Hollins

Congratulations! The most difficult part is to start; now you have crossed that bridge....

Keep the spirit high and we shall all hear the success story soon.

Congratulations! This is very exciting new. I hope many more for you!

Thumbs up! Sometimes it's imperative to "stop thinking" and start doing! Good luck! Let us know how your first deal turned out. 

wow thats awesome man! I look forward to getting finally started like you did and can't wait to putting my first property under contract. Hopefully I can find a mentor in my area to guide me through the process, thanks for the share its definitely a great idea to try to connect with someone here at bp to mentor you.

CONGRATULATIONS! I also will be networking on here to gain more insight. I'm very excited and I feel that the opportunities are limitless. Personally I want start out with a duplex, but probates have peaked my curiosity. Thanks for another option to incorporate into a soon to be very diverse portfolio. Good luck!

Wonderful! It's always hardest getting started. Keep up the good work. 

Great job on taking the first step! And good luck with your first property!

Congratulations on taking the plunge. Keep it up. ????

Congratulations on taking the plunge. Keep it up. ????

Originally posted by @Nataki Burke :

Congrats Jeff ! also a newbie wholesaler . located in atlanta. I have been trying to navigate this process on my own. But would love to have a mentor. I  never thought to reach out here for one on BP.Great idea. I also am starting with probates. I sent letters last week and got my first lead. Motivated seller from out of state with two properties! 

Because i dont have a buyer's  list. I am reaching out to a real estate agent who is a friend  to find a buyer. it's harder doing this on your own. I plan to seek out a mentor  as you did. Or at least someone for a little advise moving forward with this.

Good luck with your deal.

We went to the GA REIA's bring your deals meetup. With the property under contract bring it and build your buyers list that way. With a house on the hook.

We are also going to the ATL REIA's haves and wants. You could come and Want a mentor.

Congrats! That is amazing that you got a deal locked on your first mailing with only 10 letters. Wow.  Most newbies don't experience that. I sure didn't.

I'm in Metro Atlanta as well. I go to the Georgia REIA Dealmakers meeting whenever I can.

Thanks for all the advice and we'll wishes. I will keep the BP community updated on the closing. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.