How to email a contract for signature?

6 Replies

A seller and I came to an agreement on price. The seller would like me to email them the contract to sign. How can I fill the contract out, sign it myself then email it to him so he can sign and send it back?

Thanks!

Options:

1. Print it out, sign it and scan it back into your computer.

2. Get a PDF editor and sign it with a your scanned signature, then email it back. I use Nitro PF editor. It has a feature where you can us a scanned signature. I do this for all my contracts, and leases. 

3. Another option is a fax service that allows you to send via email. My company uses myfax.com 

Hope that helps

Thanks @Doug Minton for explaining the options. Hopefully we can just scan and send it to get the deal rolling!

Just scan and send it to the seller and make sure you clarify when they are expecting to send it back to you. You never just want to send a contract out and leave it open ended for the seller to just hold on to it until they feel like sending it back. 

Upfront agreements will make your life much easier. 

Hope this helps!!

@Jesse Conners not sure if you are already done with this contract but maybe next time try DocuSign for digital binding signatures. Works like a champ

Originally posted by @Brian G. :

@Jesse Conners not sure if you are already done with this contract but maybe next time try DocuSign for digital binding signatures. Works like a champ

+1 excellent tool 

Agree, DocuSign is worth every penny. You can also set up templates so you can put a contract together and out for signature in less than 5 minutes. 

Mark Gallagher, Real Estate Agent in New Jersey (#1221341) and Pennsylvania (#RS314542)
215-490-4851

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.