• Reston, VA
Votes |
Wholesale? Bird dog? in DC Metro Area

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Reston, VA
Posted Apr 21 2015, 12:09

Hi BP!

I just joined yesterday and I've been on this site ALL day long today! I even replied to posts as soon as I woke up at 5 something this morning! Work is super slow in case you're wondering :).

So, I believe, after reading, reading, and reading... Wholesaling seems like a great option for myself and my husband to begin with. But would bird dogging be and even better beginning?? I am new at all of this and am just grasping all this terminology as well as better understanding what wholesales are all about. 

I definitely want to make a real business of investing and grow into something lasting and stable. My husband and I both have construction backgrounds and really want to flip homes as well as invest in rental property. I don't want to dive in, however, and drown! I don't have much $ to begin with... I could probably scrape up 4-5k, but is that a reasonable start for wholesaling? Or should I bird dog (which I'd need direction on this as well...), and learn a little while saving my earnings from it?

Please let me know what you all think. I've made mistakes before where I've gotten overly excited and wound up completely overwhelmed. I don't want to make that mistake with this, as I have a real desire to do well and prosper in real estate investing.

Thanks!

Loading replies...