Magnetic Banner on Van?

6 Replies

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about lead generation tonight....has anyone ever made large magnetic signs for automobiles, and had them driven around town?

Theres no way I would want to do this to my own car, but I like the idea out outsourcing this via Craiglist, to 9-10 people, all with large white vans, and pay them roughly $100-$200 per month for this ad space.

What's your opinion?

Medium hig res logo 4301 .png equity connect Jared Vidales, Equity Connect | [email protected] | 530‑219‑6792 | http://www.EquityConnect.com

If you go the money to do so, I believe it is a excellent idea to try for a month or two and see what generates from them. To start off, I personally would probably advertise 200 bucks to 5 people with vans to stick the magnetic poster to their van. I believe this is a brilliant idea in fact and plan on using this myself in the near future for a test ride.

Originally posted by @Chavis Atkins :

If you go the money to do so, I believe it is a excellent idea to try for a month or two and see what generates from them. To start off, I personally would probably advertise 200 bucks to 5 people with vans to stick the magnetic poster to their van. I believe this is a brilliant idea in fact and plan on using this myself in the near future for a test ride.

I'm allocating a pretty large fund towards marking in the next month or so. However, testing the idea with 5 vans is probably a smarter idea. 

Now, I'm unsure if I should use a local or 1-800 number with these mobile advertisement vans....I feel like it should feel a little more professional than a typical bandit sign approach. 

Medium hig res logo 4301 .png equity connect Jared Vidales, Equity Connect | [email protected] | 530‑219‑6792 | http://www.EquityConnect.com

It would be and doesn't look as ugly (hopefully the van with the sign isn't ugly lol) as bandit signs. I have seen folks up here in Northwest Indiana go around with A sign on their car for general driving. I can only imagine 5 vans running around in the areas they may be at bringing attention to your cause. I believe using a local area code shows you are out scamming and are around the area plus it may give the owner assurance in knowing you know your stuff since you possibly live there.

Hi Jared, 

As someone who used to be in the sign making business I would caution you on making the magnets too large.  The bigger they are the more chance they will go flying off the side of the van when is driving around.  For this reason I had made a policy not to make ones larger than 18"x24".  Things to consider are: the replacement cost and what if it causes an accident.  

Jason

A couple other points to consider:

1. The number you do use needs to be easy to remember.  If you can put meaningful letters to the number or a word, it will be much easier for people to remember it.  If your number can't be put into a word/words, then you might want to look into an 800 number that can be.  

2. Also, when planning a marketing strategy, I wouldn't just test it for 1 or 2 months.  I would run it for 3 - 6 months.  It has to be out there for a while for people to really have it stick in their mind.  If the budget is not there for the number of vans you want, maybe cut down the number of vans and extend it a couple extra months.  This is why during commercials they repeat the phone number at least 3 times.  People need to see or hear it multiple times to really stick in their mind.

Just a couple thoughts.   Good luck!!

Hey Chavis, do you know of any nearby groups?  I am next to you in Hobart, and have been looking for a local group to find a mentor.

I love it, anything out of the ordinary sticks out and is noiticed.