Has Anyone Found Wholesale Deals Using Craigslist?

14 Replies

Has anyone found wholesale deals using CL? Do you think it is worth it? If you do, what do you typically look for?

I find a lot of wholesalers inviting you to sign up for there list on Craigslist but never an actual deal. Instead of actually searching CL there are apps you can use to be alerted for key words just like on biggerpockets. You don't have to look at the site daily, just the ads that you would like to see. 

I've posted many different Ads ( we buy houses and various others)  on craigslist and never even got a bite, the fact is the competition is so consumed with investors ,flippers and wholesalers it's hard to get a deal. Just sayin.

I gave up on CL - ran into a lot of scammers.

My experience is about the same as everybody else's with CL. The site just seems to be flooded with scammers. Dont forget @Royce Billiot that there are numerous other avenues that will connect you with possible deals for wholesaling, I would only use CL to place ads for properties I would like to sale or rent as opposed to looking their for deals.

Hope this helps some :)

@Clarence Scott what other avenues are there?

I have had luck using CL to find wholesale opportunities, but only when I used a branded ad (company name and logo) that included a graphic and a link to my web site. My ads that did not include those elements got no responses. 

@Travis Sperr What is the app called?

@Clarence Scott I'm asking primarily because I am trying to utilize the maximum amount of resources. I've posted I buy houses ads on craigslist multiple times and several birddogging ads. I was wondering mainly if it is worth it to sift through sellers on CL. @Julian Hart There are lists you can get such as absentee owners, tax delinquents, and probates. Are there others that anyone targets, that I am missing? I've been looking at absentees and tax delinquents. I plan to eventually play around with probates in the near future.

@Rob Young I've posted several ads with my company's logo, email, and phone number. I haven't had a seller contact me though. After about a month of putting this up daily, I gave up due to the competition. I was just recently wondering did I do the right thing. I may still post to see if get lucky.

@Sametra Billiot just search google - there are a few - some free and some paid.

@Royce Billiot

Check out www.ifttt.com I got my first wholesale off CL using IFTTT. Good luck!

joe crumb has a scrapper that supposedly scraps emails for you and responds to them. 

But I have found buyers but no sellers as of yet on CL. 

@Royce Billiot  @Julian Hart There are lists you can get such as absentee owners, tax delinquents, and probates. Are there others that anyone targets, that I am missing? I've been looking at absentees and tax delinquents. I plan to eventually play around with probates in the near future.

She is right Julian, and don't forget even driving around locally you should find distressed properties that may lead to unlisted motivated sellers.

Originally posted by @Justin Howe :

@Royce Billiot

Check out www.ifttt.com I got my first wholesale off CL using IFTTT. Good luck!

Hey Justin, what were the parameters you set up on IFTTT? I'd be interested in setting up something similar for my area. Thanks!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here