Wrap Deals and Title Insurance in GA

3 Replies

My title attorney said that he has never heard of title insurance being issued on wrap deals (subject-to deals) in the State of GA.  Are there any GA investors that have dealt with this? There has to be a way to get title insurance on a wrap deal in Atlanta right?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by @David Bateman :

My title attorney said that he has never heard of title insurance being issued on wrap deals (subject-to deals) in the State of GA.  Are there any GA investors that have dealt with this? There has to be a way to get title insurance on a wrap deal in Atlanta right?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Give @Bo Wagner a call (404) 829-2990.  He may be able to help or confirm what your attorney said.  

I've done it three times in the last year.  Could be some confusion ...

Deed is transferred at sale even if it's sub2/wrap.  If there's a clear title, then there's no issue insuring the transaction.  Underlying financing shouldn't muddy the title (probably too broad of a statement).  

I use Steve Harlan.  I'm sure Bo Wagner can also handle this type as @Cal C noted.

Thanks @Rick Baggenstoss  and @Cal C.  I reached out to Bo but have not heard back from him.  I will Check with Steve.  FYI - my title attorney actually checked with his underwriter and said that they could do it but I would prefer to use someone who has done them before.  Thanks Again!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.