• Investor
  • Reno, NV
Votes |
Confused and need Guidance

David OConnell
  • Investor
  • Reno, NV
Posted Jul 23 2015, 16:52

Hello, my name is David and I am new to the forum. I have a couple questions in regards to becoming a Real Estate Investor. 

I currently have a full time job and never have time with my family. Hence the reasoning behind starting my investor business. My credit isn't horrible, but it's not good enough to get approved for a loan of any type. I already know the challenges that I face ahead of me as far as finances. So I'm choosing to start as a wholesaler just until I can move up in the real estate investor world and start Buying properties to rent out. 

So my questions I have are in regards to my local market and my local real estate agents. 

1. Why are real estate agents so against wholesale real estate investors? 

I've only talked to a handful, but it seems like they all feel the same way about us as wholesalers. Telling me things that are negative about the industry all the way to telling me that it's illegal. 

So very confused about that because If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't real estate agents want to work with wholesalers so they can make me money? 

2. Is wholesaling real estate illegal in Nevada? 

Now the only reason I ask this is because I can't find anywhere online about who to contact in regards to answer that question in my area. I don't even know where to start looking. I did however ask my lawyer, but he didn't know the answer. (He's not a real estate attorney)

Should I ask a real estate attorney? 

I'm just starting out in this industry and have more then just drive to be successful. I already have a buyers list that's starting to be built up and I have tons of houses that "could" be potential sellers. But I Don't want to proceed until I know it's legal and OK. 

Any and all comments and help is greatly appreciated for more learning I will take and soak up like a sponge. 

Thanks, your friend, 

David

Loading replies...