Marketing

8 Replies

Hello everyone, 

I just got into wholesaling and I'm having trouble generating leads. I'm in the Houston area I have done some direct mail and some bandit signs in the last 3 months. I have gotten a few leads but no deals. My question is how can I get more leads to come in with my marketing strategy. Maybe about how much letters should I be sending out a month or how much signs should I be putting out?

Thanks 

Originally posted by @Shay Linton :

Hello everyone, 

I just got into wholesaling and I'm having trouble generating leads. I'm in the Houston area I have done some direct mail and some bandit signs in the last 3 months. I have gotten a few leads but no deals. My question is how can I get more leads to come in with my marketing strategy. Maybe about how much letters should I be sending out a month or how much signs should I be putting out?

Thanks 

Any information regarding the source of the list? Also, when you say 'a few leads', any number specifically? Or details regarding the direct mail specifics -- number of mail and response?

I have obtained my list from Real Acurciation. I must send out all together about 1,200 letters from March 2015- either out sourcing them or me doing it myself. Did a few bandit signs. I think I got about anywhere from 6-8 leads and maybe 4 good leads. Had one property under contract but fell through the cracks. So now it being August following up on 2 leads now.

Are you mailing to absentee owners?  only those with equity?  I think that's the key.  Direct mail to owner occupants is a loser unless you target specific groups.  But no group is as easy to mine as absentees.  If I had only $1K per month to spend on direct mail in a large place like Houston, my list would be 100% absentee owners with at least 50% equity.

Try the online route. The recent BP podcast about wholesalers specifies the advantages of knowing it is a numbers game, so bid a lot!

I checked out auction.com and it's pretty neat, go ahead and take a look.

Good luck!