Abandoned home Fenced question?

9 Replies

is an abandoned home a zoning issue? whats the reason for not being able check on the property? This property i drove by has been vacant for some time now. But google maps, zillow or any property finding source isnt giving me the address to the property. Its not written anywhere. what's the deal? should i just leave it alone or do what i can to find out. 

did you try the county records?

Ok. Then use the triangulation method. 

Look up a neighboring property with a good address. Pull up the assessor's plat map and, using a process of elimination, identify properties on that map that you can correlate and the remaining parcel will be the one that sticks out.

Then use APN to see who assessor is trying to tax and then county RECORDER to chain title ownership and equity.

If you complain that it's too much work I'll that you in advance as it'll probably make its way into my acquisition funnel at some point anyway. Good luck and may the most dedicated and persistent Hunter win!

Originally posted by @Rick H. :

Ok. Then use the triangulation method. 

Look up a neighboring property with a good address. Pull up the assessor's plat map and, using a process of elimination, identify properties on that map that you can correlate and the remaining parcel will be the one that sticks out.

Then use APN to see who assessor is trying to tax and then county RECORDER to chain title ownership and equity.

If you complain that it's too much work I'll that you in advance as it'll probably make its way into my acquisition funnel at some point anyway. Good luck and may the most dedicated and persistent Hunter win!

I love the challenge!! 

I did something similar to that by using the google maps picture but i guess that isnt enough.. time to put in the work!

i believe this may be what your looking for. i pull up a map on one computer of a nearby known, and then identify the unknown. i then swith to the assessor page and make it align, and viola! youve got some data. the property tax statement is what i look for in my county. 

ps. i am using a mobile device and unable to pull data off of the below mentioned site. Not sure if its right but its getting closer to the gold. thats fo sho!

http://www.sbcounty.gov/assessor/pims/(S(fd314v3ch...))/PIMSINTERFACE.ASPX

Also brokers do this all day so ask a local one for public sites for you to find the info. :) Nice work dude. thats awesome that your out there rocking it

Originally posted by @Alexander Zeisberg :

Also brokers do this all day so ask a local one for public sites for you to find the info. :) Nice work dude. thats awesome that your out there rocking it

Hey man this is going to help. because i have been a bit confused. lol just trying to build my REI lingo

@Raden Mantuano

Are you saying there's no house number on the property? What about neighbors? Maybe some mail falls out of the mailbox with the address on it. 

Originally posted by @Mark Gallagher :

@Raden Mantuano

Are you saying there's no house number on the property? What about neighbors? Maybe some mail falls out of the mailbox with the address on it. 

Nothing shows up at all. I probably have to drive by and look in the mailbox? The tax assesor site isn't showing even the street? 

@Raden Mantuano

I am not saying to go "in" the mailbox.. Hopefully there is some mail on the ground somewhere. Going in the mailbox I'm somewhat certain is illegal ;) 

But it has to be on a tax map somewhere. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here