Is wholesaling dead?

5 Replies

@Larri Fletcher Not sure about your area but I think deals nationwide are becoming harder to locate. Wholesalers have to find better than good deals. We have to find great deals. It takes a little more digging but it can be done. Houses will forever be bought and sold. With that being said I recommend that you get a RE License. With it, you can work the retail side of the business and still do your wholesaling thing. You will have to find a brokerage that is ok with it and please be sure to check with a local attorney regarding your responsibility as a licensee when it comes to wholesaling.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

E. Harris

Wholesaling is not dead. However it is much harder to do then the people teaching it are willing to admit.  

It is hard to find deals so good, you want to snap it up right away. It is harder to find a deal so good, you can can resell it at a price someone else will want to snap it up immediately. 

@Larri Fletcher No you don't need a license to wholesale. When wholesaling you will be working primarily with investors. If you want to work with the general public, (i.e. first time homebuyers, retail sellers) you will need a license for that. I was recommending getting your license so you could work the retail market as an agent while working the wholesale market with your investor clients. Disclosure: I am not from Nevada. I am not providing legal advice. I highly recommend you meet with a broker in your area and/or a real estate attorney before moving forward no matter what route you take.

I wish you the best!

Sincerely,

E. Harris

I agree with Ned. Another thing is that a lot of new wholesalers think you are going to make ton of money on each deal, and that's not the case. Some deals are good, others are thin. But a deal is a deal, make some money and move on.