Votes
Brandon Proctor
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
Certified Appraiser

Brandon Proctor
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Dec 1 2015, 00:02

Good early morning everyone, I have been thinking becoming a certified residential appraiser and was wondering if there were any cons of being a real estate investor and a appraiser.  I have searched the threads on BP and haven't come across that much information so I'm hoping you all could shed more light on the subject. 

I know a main problem when it comes to people who want to wholesale homes is coming up with the correct ARV. One would think becoming a license appraiser should help with this problem but from what I have read being a license appraiser doesn't necessary make you a good appraiser for investors. I have read that typically appraiser work for banks and the appraisal that you would give to a bank can differentiate from the appraisal value you would give to an investor. My thought is if I am the investor wouldn't I know how to adjust the numbers from a bank perspective to an investor's perspective?

Any appraisers out there who could give may some Pros and Cons of being an appraiser and investor? Thanks!

Loading replies...