Beginner Wholesaler in Austin,TX

14 Replies

Hey Team,

I've set a goal to accomplish 10 wholesales and to close on one passive income property this year. Do you believe this is a realistic goal starting out in this market? 

Account Closed

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Couple good reads

Ultimate Guide to wholesaling

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/01/31/ultimate-beginners-guide-real-estate-wholesaling-2/

Download BP's newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

Originally posted by Account Closed:

Hey Team,

I've set a goal to accomplish 10 wholesales and to close on one passive income property this year. Do you believe this is a realistic goal starting out in this market? 

Well that depends on what actions you are taking to reach these goals.  If you aren't doing anything, it will be impossible to reach them.  If you are sending out direct mail, creating websites and driving traffic to them, networking with RE professionals, etc, then it should be relatively easy!

@Paul Timmins  

Thanks for the information and warm welcome. I'm happy to be apart such a helpful community. I went to a couple REIA events last month and made a few connections but haven't joined just yet. I'll look into the meetups to get some local details.

@John Horner

Thanks for the feedback. I started out by setting up an LLC and I'm working on my marketing efforts currently. If you have any suggestions for good website developers I would appreciate any referrals. As far as networking I have been reaching out to local investors and real estate agents that I can add to my contact list.

Hey Eddie. I like your ambition.  Just curious, how are you locating properties to wholesale? Strictly through direct mail? If so where are you getting a list from and what are you saying in the marketing copy?

@Todd Rizzardi Thanks for the compliment. I am working with my wife to get marketing material together. I'm going to get bandit signs and send out direct mailers. I will also reach out to for sale by owner adds on Craig's List. I don't have a list because I'm focused on pre-foreclosure properties.

@Brandon Mitchell Unfortunately, I had to put my investing on pause due to my first child being born in June and the purchase of my first personal home. As my life looks to settle down I am actively looking for opportunities but now I have a stronger desire to purchase rentals.

@eddiedecambre 

Congrats on the little one! I'm looking to wholesale in atx (how I found the thread). PM me contact info if you'd like to know next time I have a deal. Curious where you bought the first home too?

hi I'm new and a beginner wholesaler I'm looking for a group to hang with and learn more been watching and learning for about 4 months flipman is my main go to guy I love to watch 

Updated over 1 year ago

I am looking into finding like minded Meet up groups in Austin Texas Too Wholesaling is very interesting & fun