Do you need a lawyer for every closing?

2 Replies

Hello all, I am getting into wholesaling (assignable purchase agreements) in the Long Island, NY area and was wondering if you could close on a house that required no financing at all (Cash buyer) and do it through a title company alone?  Or is a lawyer a must have to close on property on Long Island?

Originally posted by @Brendan Curley :

Hello all, I am getting into wholesaling (assignable purchase agreements) in the Long Island, NY area and was wondering if you could close on a house that required no financing at all (Cash buyer) and do it through a title company alone?  Or is a lawyer a must have to close on property on Long Island?

It depends on your area.  Title only states allow escrow to be opened without a lawyer and in other areas only a lawyer can open escrow.  Call a local title company and ask if you can open escrow 

Originally posted by @Brendan Curley :

Ask about double closing.

In NC I can double close ( flip ) in SC I must close on deal first then flip.

Crazy same thing but some states allow others don't.

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.