• Investor
  • Saint Charles, MO
Votes |
Staging, flipping or wholesaling: unsure how to start

Rhonda Shrum
  • Investor
  • Saint Charles, MO
Posted May 13 2016, 11:52

Hello! I am a marketing director/graphic designer who has always loved interior design. I staged my own condo last year to sell and also started fixing up my current home with my new hubby, an engineer who is *quite* handy. Suddenly I knew...these are the things I want to do. Initially I thought about just home staging, then I thought flipping would be a better investment, but the more I read here, the more I believe starting off in wholesaling may be for me. Hubby, who is an estimator in the construction industry, knows all the things about estimating repairs that I don't know, and I know marketing. But he's not a big risk taker, so I need to ease in. Because I know marketing and my town, and he can help with repair values, does wholesaling sound like a good fit to start? I would like to flip and stage eventually as well, but I'd like to get to a point where those are our full time jobs. 

Thank you for all the advice you all offer! I can't wait to share my own experiences and words of wisdom someday!