How to build a buyers list fast 28 ways

100 Replies

Originally posted by Laurence Mex:
The only reason I am now expanding my buyers list, is to start getting more buyers interested to incite a bidding war.

Maybe a word of caution (obviously you can run your business as you want) - put yourself in your buyers shoes and consider how this may hurt your business. You may try and squeeze and extra couple $ out of a deal, but now your buyers may not take you as serious because you're possibly wasting their time and they know your bidding them up. May turn them off rather than "incite" them.

Great List. Eviction attorney's is a new one I've never heard. It seems that might also be good for finding landlords that want to SELL.

Originally posted by Si Yu Huang:
I'm having trouble finding the link to the rest ways. Could someone re-post it?

Pay closer attention to the first page of this thread; six or seven posts after the first post, he adds a post with the rest.

Originally posted by Steve Babiak:
Originally posted by Si Yu Huang:
I'm having trouble finding the link to the rest ways. Could someone re-post it?

Pay closer attention to the first page of this thread; six or seven posts after the first post, he adds a post with the rest.

Ah! I see where it is now. Thanks a lot Steve!

OMG the information you posted is worth a fortune. I thank you so much. I'm new in this business (2 weeks). I am going to use you strategies to market my *** off. As a result I will never have a deal that no one can buy. Now that's confidence.

Here are a few I did not see in your list or perhaps I missed them.

29. Birddog: Hire a birddog to track down buyers for you.
30. Brochures: Call these for more info - perhaps can add buyers.
31. Property Management Companies: They manage properties for many investors and may know who is looking to buy more properties.
32. Word-of-Mouth Advertising: Free and seems to get the word out very effectively. Leverage Other People!

Thank you all for the information on building a wholesale buyer's list. I hope to implement some of these ideas when I get around to building my own wholesale buyers list. Again, thanks!

Thank You so much for this much needed information it was like I hit lotto, your information was very informative, this is exactly what I need to put together a good marketing system...I can not say it enougth...THANK YOU

[b]Hi Todd!
Great reply. I would add, "You have to have a story".
When I posted, "I just bought two houses for 30 cents on the dollar", I received many new buyers.
When I posted "I bought 68 houses last year", my list grew exponentially.
It may be difficult to start without a story, so I would say, "Go do something. Then you have a story". Then tell your story.
Joe Ball

Wow @Todd Hutcheson , you really went all out with this post! Thanks for all the great info.

I'm a big believer in Craigslist as well (I like that you had that 1st on your list.) I can honestly say that I've probably gotten the majority of my buyers list from this posting ads here.

Once you have at least 4-5 pre-written ads that you can rotate through, all it takes is about 5 minutes per day (or every other day) to post them. It's 100% free and yields great results. There's also a really cheap paid version where it will repost your ads consistently.

I've been posting for almost 2 years now and still getting a solid 3-10 new potential buyers per week. I know they are not all great buyers, but the more the merrier. And if you're getting that amount of buyers leads in on a consistent basis, then there will definitely be some "diamonds in the rough."

And how many of your "potential" buyers have actually bought from you?

I have major troubles with getting ghostwriter on craigslist, especially when I try to top post. How do you deal with that?

@Jerry Puckett there are plenty of "actual" buyers on Craigslist too (not just potential ones.) What I do is just include my website in each post. They can go to the website and opt-in and their email goes right to my FreedomSoft database. That way, they will be included when I blast a property out to my buyers list.

I'm not sure what you mean by "getting ghostwriter on craigslist." Can you elaborate a little?

Originally posted by Kevin Tunney:
I'm not sure what you mean by "getting ghostwriter on craigslist." Can you elaborate a little?

OOps. I entered that last post from my phone, and sometimes the keyboard guesses what I'm going to say faster than I can type!

What I meant to say was ghosted. Sometimes when you enter a craigslist ad, it will take you through all the steps, even giving you a link to your post. But if you were to go to craigslist organically, and search for your ad, you wouldn't be able to see it, and neither would anyone else. It's been "ghosted".

And not a thing you can do about it. It happens a lot when you try to "top post" an ad, or post multiple ads. The craigslist software snoops out your IP address, and looks for certain things. Then instead of just telling you your ad is in violation of one of their ridiculous, abstract rules, they just let you think it went live.

Originally posted by Jerry Puckett:
Originally posted by Kevin Tunney:

OOps. I entered that last post from my phone, and sometimes the keyboard guesses what I'm going to say faster than I can type!

What I meant to say was ghosted. Sometimes when you enter a craigslist ad, it will take you through all the steps, even giving you a link to your post. But if you were to go to craigslist organically, and search for your ad, you wouldn't be able to see it, and neither would anyone else. It's been "ghosted".

And not a thing you can do about it. It happens a lot when you try to "top post" an ad, or post multiple ads. The craigslist software snoops out your IP address, and looks for certain things. Then instead of just telling you your ad is in violation of one of their ridiculous, abstract rules, they just let you think it went live.

I know what you mean about the auto correct on your phone..it gets me all the time.

As far as being ghosted on Craigslist, that used to happen to me in the past. I know exactly what you're saying when you search for your own ad and can't find it right after you posted it.

I had that problem in the beginning especially when I would post a property and then edit the ad (to change the price or something) and try to repost it. It would say it posted successfully but you I wouldn't be able to find it.

I wish I could remember how exactly I fixed the problem. It was so long ago. I'll definitely get back to you if I remember the solution.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here