Issues with Investors in Chicago

Issues with Investors in Chicago

Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 123 posts · 7 votes
I have a couple of really good properties in Chicago and St. Louis areas but I'm really having a hard time with investors. Either the property isn't in the area they're looking for, or they're not seeing the equity. Any hints as to what I may be doing wrong? I have a lot of motivated sellers but no buyers
0Reply
49 views

Most Popular Reply

Natalie KolodijBusiness Member
Moderator
Tax Strategist| National Tax Educator| Accepting New Clients · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y

You're doing things backwards. 


Talk to the investors first and find out what kind of properties they want and how much equity they require to buy a deal.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 123 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @Crystal Smith thanks for your feedback. I found that it's more of the locations for the people I deal with now. They don't want to deal in areas like Chatham, South Shore, etc so I've diversified my listings. Much appreciated on the list of what I can work on!

  • Crystal SmithPro Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Adrienne Curtis:

    @Crystal Smith thanks for your feedback. I found that it's more of the locations for the people I deal with now. They don't want to deal in areas like Chatham, South Shore, etc so I've diversified my listings. Much appreciated on the list of what I can work on!

     Diversifying your list is good, but in the last month we've sold 4 properties in Chatham & South Shore.  It's a block by block play.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.