• Memphis, TN
Votes |
Direct Mailing to Leads Other Than Absentee Owners

Devin Davis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Posted Jun 4 2017, 12:11

Hey What's up BP!

I just started my investing endeavors here in Memphis and decided to start with wholesaling to build up capital to start on my own projects such as fix & flips & also to build a rental portfolio. I have been a licensed Agent for the last 3 1/2 years now. 

But anyways, let me get straight to it. I know sending mail to absentee owners is the most "typical" but obviously everyone is doing that. I don't send out hundreds or thousands of mailers a month. What I do is get my list and I literally do my due diligence on every address to determine if it had been sold recently, wholesaled, and check for equity. I have some software that shows me the last time they refinanced and how much the loan was for, etc.

So far I have sent out 149 letters and have gotten 4 calls so far after a month or so in. 

I send out 25 letters a week at the moment until my budget allows for a higher quantity($1 a letter), over 10 have returned so far. I know mine are standing out and getting noticed but I want to target something other than absentee owners. Everyone is flooding them. 

Are there any tips or trick on getting leads on probates, preforeclosures, or any other category that's harder to target?

Loading replies...