Turnkey companies and reviews

6 Replies

I have been listening to a lot of PodCasts and reading books and wonder if anyone has bought properties from Turnkey Companies (obviously you have), what are your experiences and who would you recommend for this type of investment.

Thank you

Rob 

Originally posted by @Robert B. :

I have been listening to a lot of PodCasts and reading books and wonder if anyone has bought properties from Turnkey Companies (obviously you have), what are your experiences and who would you recommend for this type of investment.

Thank you

Rob 

Turnkey is actually a very interesting type of investment. It really opens up other markets to investors who cannot devote their entire time to being a Landlord or flipper. Ideally, the company will own, renovate, and manage the property all for you in house and under one roof. 

To get you started on some research, please look at the following links. They may help you out as you begin your journey! Good luck!

The Best Types of Markets for Profitable Turnkey Properties

and

What to Ask When Working With a Turnkey Provider

Tom Ott, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2016003865)
440-749-4043

you can pop on to Brie's turn key review site and see real time reviews from real investors and look at inventory side by side its free and no squeeze page.. then if you see a turn key outfit you like on there you can follow up with no worry of getting spammed

Thanks appreciate it

@Robert B. I started my out of state REI via turnkey. It is not my preferred way to invest today, but I have vetted many of these companies along the way. Finding a reliable & trustworthy company with deals that will cash flow nicely in real time (ie: not just projected returns) is much more challenging than it was just a couple of years ago. They are still out there, but you've got to work at it at it much harder. In my view, proper vetting includes going to the market and seeing for yourself properties, the rehab quality and the neighborhoods, as well as meeting the providers being considered.

Larry Fried, Real Estate Agent in OR (#201211636)

Hey Robert. I've always bought turnkeys and I've been through the gamut with turnkey providers. Some are still in business, some aren't, but I've also been working with buyers buying through a lot of the ones that are out there now. Happy to share thoughts if you want to email or message me. 

As far as experiences, it really is all about who you work with. At the end of the day, it mostly comes down to the market that you buy in (to ensure the advertised numbers pan out) and the property manager. Rehab quality and all that can be verified before you buy, and neighborhood and all that. Assuming that's all in tact, like mine was, it's just then about the management of the property management. That's the only part I've had stresses with, but that's specific to rental properties in general rather than being a turnkey issue.

thanks Tom will do the research

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.