Help with WHOLESALING

13 Replies

Looking for advice on WHOLESALING in landing my first deal.

Originally posted by @Jade Utley :

Looking for advice on WHOLESALING in landing my first deal.

What exactly are you looking for advice on? If you haven't done so yet, I'd encourage you to read through Real Estate Wholesaling: The Ultimate Guide here on Bigger Pockets. It's free and will probably answer most of your questions. 

Marvin is exactly right in steering you towards that guide. 

Also go to some meetups for investors in your area. You need to learn your market and meet people that can help you out and want your services.

Get ready to spend a lot of money on marketing and go many months without closing your first deal. It is definitely not an easy job

My #1 rule about wholesaling is try not to wholesale. If the deal you found really is that great, find a way to do it yourself. You will likely make more money in the end, and hard money is pretty easy to get right now.

Wholesaling should always be an exit strategy, but it will NEVER be my primary exit strategy.

First you need to find property to buy. Direct mail objectives can vary widely based on the part of the country that you are working in. You will want to get a customized list to send out your postcards and letters.

Originally posted by @Blair Poelman :

My #1 rule about wholesaling is try not to wholesale. If the deal you found really is that great, find a way to do it yourself. You will likely make more money in the end, and hard money is pretty easy to get right now.

Wholesaling should always be an exit strategy, but it will NEVER be my primary exit strategy.

I agree you will likely make more money if you fix and flip however wholesaling isn't really about making the most money on the transaction. Its about the velocity of the money. Our typical wholesaling transactions are usually less than 30 days from signing to closing. Most fix and flips are appreciably longer. The funds we make can more quickly be reinvested into more marketing generating more leads and more deals...at least theoretically anyway LOL

@Ray Lei over at reSimpli has some great content over on that site.  Check it out

@Dave Rav - thanks for the shout out.

@Jade Utley - Have you figured out how you're going to market for leads (e.g. doorknock, DM, etc.)? I'd be happy to help.

Account Closed  direct mail and social media are a few ways that I plan to market any other ideas?? I would love to hear/ learn and thanks everyone I'm learning so much here on BP

Hi @Jade Utley  

What does your social media marketing strategy look like at the moment?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here