Looking to start wholesaling!

4 Replies

New investor here! Reading and researching but not sure how to get started! My biggest barriers are that im not sure where to look for/find deals, Im only 19 how can i put a house under contract without my credit?

study for your real estate exam and learn the industry from that stand point then decide.. its not expensive and at least you will learn the terminology and you will network with those in the industry.. wholesaling on your own is kind of like being on an island pretty tough thing to do unless your a super star sales person highly motivated .. know CRM and marketing inside out etc etc.

Get to some local real estate investor meetings. Typically to find deals off market you would need to optimize a marketing strategy and have people contact you, be consistent with the marketing, from there you need to understand their problem and determine how motivated they are to let a property go for a discount plus the various costs involved. Find some cash buyers at investor meetings, ask about their criteria and what the are wanting to find. Find agents who are investor friendly to help you with comps to help you determine ARV.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

study for your real estate exam and learn the industry from that stand point then decide.. its not expensive and at least you will learn the terminology and you will network with those in the industry.. wholesaling on your own is kind of like being on an island pretty tough thing to do unless your a super star sales person highly motivated .. know CRM and marketing inside out etc etc.

I second that. I just got my RE license and the courses had a lot of valuable info for anyone wanting to work in RE in any capacity.