Scrubbing list questions

5 Replies

Does anyone have any advice for scrubbing large list. I have a large list and I need to scrub out properties that have recently been sold in the last 30 days. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Originally posted by @Jalisha Oracius :

Does anyone have any advice for scrubbing large list. I have a large list and I need to scrub out properties that have recently been sold in the last 30 days. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

How large is "large"? Like 1k, 10k, 100k? My answer will somewhat depend on that which is why I ask.

Originally posted by @Jalisha Oracius :

The list is about 1000k. 

One thing to consider is how often your recorder's office updates their electronic public records - IE here in Chicago, we record a document but it might not show up in searches for 30-45 days. So you might want to stretch out your search criteria.

Try one of the Listware services of Melissa Data. You can upload a list and get data (like sale history) back based on the address. They are very helpful on the phone and online chat to get you bulk pricing and to help you find the right product offering.

I use their Property V4 Web API where I am able to send the addresses problematically then get the full deed and mortgage history returned, but that's probably way too complicated of a setup for just 1k properties.