Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Antonio Bodley
  • Alabama
Votes |
Can you use find vacant homes using........?

Antonio Bodley
  • Alabama
Posted Dec 30 2011, 20:07

I meant. Can you find vacant homes using your (state) real property data? I know everyone probably has one in their state. I do. I can go online using my state's real property data that I can use from either googling (my state) real property data or just use Netronline.com to find the same information. Of course this is nothing more that the tax assessor recordings I can get online. I am able to go the electronic courthouse here in my county to get all the information I need such as home addresses and owners names and mailing addresses that may be different from the actual home address. This brings me to my next question. Would this be a good way to find vacant homes in any area I want to wholesale properties? Since the target property address is different from mailing address, does this mean the property will always be vacant? That may or may not always be the case, but is gives me direction where to look whenever I am out looking for vacant homes to put under contract.

I just figure this is better than cruising around some random areas I know nothing about hoping to find a vacant home as opposed to using the list of homes I found through the county tax assessors recordings to find all properties that have mailing addresses different from the property address. I will still go out and look at the properties up close to see if they are vacant and to see what the homes look like, but finding vacant homes through my county electronic courthouse seems a lot easier than randomly looking for vacant homes.

Loading replies...