• Champaign, IL
Votes |
How to avoid double closing?

Mikel Graham
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Champaign, IL
Posted Jan 13 2012, 17:44

Hello everyone,

This is my first topic on biggerpockets. Excellent source of information. I'm jumping feet first in wholesale real estate. Meeting with realtors, finding properties (outside of internet listings, I've found a few that aren't listed yet, and will be checking them out tomorrow actually), and arming myself with raw knowledge. I have some goals I'd like to meet and fairly quickly at that. One thing I haven't quite got a solid grasp of...

How do you AVOID double closing? I've been reading mixed messages about this (as with just about everything to be honest). For some, avoid like the plague, for others, you have no choice.

It seems pretty easy to avoid this when doing an assignment: just have the buyer pay me and the seller in two separate transactions. However, from what I'm gathering, it's growing more difficult to find deals that allow assignment of contracts.

So, when you're NOT allowed to assign a contract, how do you AVOID doing a double closing?

I've heard of people using trusts to do this, but I'm not 100% clear on how that would work.

Any and all help and advice would be appreciate.

I have an ambitious goal of closing my first deal in the next 4 weeks.

M

Loading replies...