Wholesaler/ Real Estate Attorney Help!

1 Reply

Hello everyone! The question i have for you guys is that i have some money now and i want to take my business to the next level which is getting some solid contracts for wholesaling and starting an LLC. I contacted a few RE attorneys in my area and before i choose which one i wanna use and make an appointment, what should i bring to the table when we start discussing my needs so i can get my moneys worth.

So far what i was thinking was a couple of example P&S agreement and Assignment contracts so they can get the main idea of what I'm doing and what my goals are? I don't know, what do you guys think? Im just trying to make things easier on them and me haha

This article is a great place to start.

Whenever I try find professionals to work with any part of my own investing I ensure they have personal experience in my niche. While most professionals can provide basic services, finding a great professional who is personally invested in real estate is essentially like finding a superhero who can save the day when something goes wrong - they have the best strategies and are personally interested in your situation. On top of that, if you run into really rare situations they haven't seen before, they are personally invested in finding a positive outcome. This applies to attorneys, bankers, CPAs, contractors, property managers, etc.

If you are planning on scaling the one entity I end up recommending to CA residents/investors is the Delaware Statutory Trust. It is a bit of a hassle to form, but it's crippled by the annual $800 franchise tax California so jubilantly exercised on it's LLCs. While the DST costs more up from, it functions in a similar function to a Series LLC and pays for itself within a few years. If you do plan on scaling up eventually, I would expect this to at least be an option for any attorney in CA.

I also generally feel that good attorneys can lead you through a conversation and help answer questions that you don't even know you have yet. All attorneys should be able to provide answers for your current needs, but the best should pave the path ahead of you.

Hope this helps! If you have more questions on the topic, let me know - I work with many investors out of CA and should be able to provide some advice.