Finding leads in KCMO

9 Replies

Hey everyone,

I have been looking for leads for the past few weeks. Does anyone know of the best ways to find leads?

I have tried driving for dollars and looked online at sites like craigslist for deals. I have been hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars on an absentee list from sites like list source. I have heard mixed results and that most lists lead to very few if any leads. I don’t mind spending the money I’m just hesitant because of what I’ve heard.

I think I’ll look into getting tax delinquent, vacant property, or probate lists. Has anyone had success with any of these lists? Just looking for the best way to find leads in this area or in general. Which ones have you had the most success with? What are the best ways to acquire these lists?

All input is appreciated, thanks!

OK so I hope everyone will listen to this.

You hear some people say OMG Absentee owners is where its at

Others say OH hell no it is probate duhhh no brainer

Other say delinquent taxes that is so obvious , you al suck!

What can we take away from this?

NONE is good, all is good.. you need ot be lucky. no..  no.. YES!! LUCKY

So pick a niche, put money on it and you WILL find a deal.

There is no magic formula, there is no better group than the other.

You are marketing to people, as in humans.  I do not understand why anyone would limit themselves to a specific group.

Do you know what MY group is?

People that need to sell IMMEDIATELY. Period. I do not give a pooples if they are in foreclosure, if they are absent, if they are black green or even blue abedeeabadai

If they need to sell now I am there!

I target people that are motivated to sell.

Stop caring so much which group to target. Simply target motivation!

@Jerryll Noorden Thanks for the advice! I understand you target motivated sellers, which most of the different types of lists consist of. Is there a specific list that you find works better for you? I feel absentee may be the most expensive route when looking for leads (I’m guessing), and wondered if other investors had better luck finding leads with other lists (like probate or tax delinquent etc). Just trying to work smarter and not harder. Get the most bang for my buck.

Originally posted by @Vann Calhoune :

@Jerryll Noorden Thanks for the advice! I understand you target motivated sellers, which most of the different types of lists consist of. Is there a specific list that you find works better for you? I feel absentee may be the most expensive route when looking for leads (I’m guessing), and wondered if other investors had better luck finding leads with other lists (like probate or tax delinquent etc). Just trying to work smarter and not harder. Get the most bang for my buck.

My bad, rereading my response it is obvious I was not clear at all.

We do not pick a category. The point I was trying to make is simply this. We have a proven step by step blueprint of how to rank a site #1. That is not all, we then dial in conversion and credibility on that site. 

When you rank #1 and you are credible, you will get a ton of leads. Does it really matter if the leads are from absentee owners? Divorced people?

No it truly doesnt matter.

So I was proposing instead of focusing on which list is the golden list (there is no golden list), focus on SEO. Let everyone else fight and worry about list. Slowly inconspicuously back off and without anyone even noticing focus on SEO, take over your market and get ALL the leads.

That is what I did.

I am telling you, this is not just what all SEO companies say. This is a PROVEN step by step blueprint, to rank #1 and get a ton of leads.

This works for me, this works for everyone that has touched this blueprint.

I do not care if you do SEO yourself, hire someone, pray to the SEO Gods (me), just be sure the SEO is done right and you will be set!

Ideally when you are just starting out, you do SEO + an other form of marketing.

I have developed  a strategy called Forced Traffic & Conversion.

Here you get a website, and you immediately build a landing page.

Then you drive traffic manually to the landing page.

While this is in the works, you focus on making your site credible, as you start getting leads pretty much within 2 weeks of starting this strategy, your focus is on 2 things. SEO and making a deal immediately.

Once a deal is made you can wholesale that deal and the money you make fuels further paid marketing while you hire someone (or do it yourself) to do SEO for you.

Sooner than later you will rank #1 and you can stop paid marketing.

If you do a Google search for Forced Traffic & conversion you can read up on the full FT&C strategy!

SEO IS the best form of marketing second to none. The issue with SEO is that it is not instant. Hence combining it with a second form of marketing you get the best of both worlds!

My clients are reaping the benefits of FT&C, so I can tell you right now it works!

@Vann Calhoune I agree that you should be hesitant to spend everything on Absentee Owners. 

You should consider mailing to people who aren’t in every other investor’s sites. Absentee Owners have been popular for a long time, and are apparently still somewhat effective (people are still mailing to them) but they are getting multiple offers to buy their home. It's hard to stand out. (Some investors, aka absentee owners, who are in competitive markets say they are getting several offers a week)

There are some owner-occupied segments with people who share motivating factors for selling their home.

Seniors with Long-time Ownership: often ready to downsize or transition to assistance.

Homeowners with Low Financial Stability Scores (FSS): Struggling financially and likely ready to cash in on their asset.

Both these categories have additional advantages in that they probably don’t haven’t been updated and may have deferred maintenance. They won’t be expecting the same money as their neighbors with the shiny new kitchen and fresh paint.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here