Wholesaling - Listsource.com, Courthouse, Other?

47 Replies

Good afternoon, BP. I'm looking for your preferred medium to obtain data that has been helpful in your wholesaling experience. My specific plan is to send postcards to home owners in more rural areas outside of the St. Louis City. I'm currently filtering my sources to unoccupied, tax liens, between $100 and 250k with equity 25% - 100%. I'm looking for advice on steps to move forward and any secrets or advice some of you may have. Feel free to offer any alternative methods than those listed as I am new and interested in the best routes both online and in person that have led you to closing wholesaling deals. I'm just as interested in what not to do. Thanks ahead of time. - Dustin

There is only ONE, "The Best way" to generate leads. Period.

That is SEO. SEO is tamable as long as you understand it. 

Do it right and you will get a bunch of leads sent to your inbox without paying a dollar or lifting a finger.

These leads are not only free, but they are highly motivated seller leads that ALREADY PICKED YOU to sell their house to before you even get to talk to them.

Forget lists. Lists SUCK! DMM SUCKS

D4D SUCKS!

Heck... EVERYTHING else SUCKS.

Period!

Here are my leads for this week.

In the dead of winter, no less. All free, all eager to sell.

Get a website. Make it credible, become successful!

Thanks for the response.  Can you give me a little more info as to why it's better than the others and any info to help find and filter data that has helped you along the way?

@Dustin Morgan there is no one best way and there are no secrets. Everything works but some better than others. Every market is different as well as price point. Some forms of marketing work way better than others in different areas with different properties. I have some of my coaching clients doing hundreds of deals from direct mail only and some internet only. Others do cold calling only and some Driving for dollars. Then there are people who do some of each.

At the end of the day the difference between the best of the best and the rest is consistency and follow up. Most people will not respond to leads much less follow up. Test some things in your market and when you find a formula that works pour gasoline on it and get after it. 

Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden :

Do it right and you will get a bunch of leads sent to your inbox without paying a dollar or lifting a finger.

These leads are not only free, but they are highly motivated seller leads that ALREADY PICKED YOU to sell their house to before you even get to talk to them.

D4D SUCKS!

Period!

I have clients doing 300 deals a year with lists. One is doing 100 with cold calling. Everything works including direct mail. It still works but it ain’t cheap. Neither is SEO. You have to pay for the website and then pay a service to optimize it properly. Even then you are competing with every other website and pay per clicker out there.

Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson :
Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:

D4D SUCKS!

Period!

I have clients doing 300 deals a year with lists. One is doing 100 with cold calling. Everything works including direct mail. It still works but it ain’t cheap. Neither is SEO. You have to pay for the website and then pay a service to optimize it properly. Even then you are competing with every other website and pay per clicker out there.

Nope,

@Dustin Morgan : Despite what Greg says, there IS a best way to get leads. And again this is not opinion, this is fact. I have concrete evidence that proves this.

Honestly it is irrelevant how many clients you have doing 3 billion deals.

If one deal cost them 3K / lead, it is horrible. OK .. great your clients are doing 300 deals and have money to pay 3K/ deal. But the every day folks here trying to make it, can't afford 3K to spend on a deal. (The point I am am maling here is that telling anyone the # of deals they are making says NOTHING about how efficient the strategy is). You can be making 4 deals a week but if you are spending 40K to get these 4 deals... I wouldn't call that efficient)

The point I am trying to make here is you cant measure the efficiency of a strategy by how many people are do it.

We are not debating which methods are possible to make a deal from. We are discussing the best way, the most efficient way, the cheapest way to reliably generate leads, and again this is not a matter of opinion, or debate.

SEO IS the best way PERIOD.

If you or you or he or she is too lazy, too incapable to learn SEO, or have no time.. fine.. that is on them. That has NOTHING to do with the efficient of the strategy called SEO.

No, SEO does NOT cost money! Wrong again!

I pay $99 / month for my carrot site, and $0 for SEO!

Your mistake Greg is you are projecting YOUR limitations on a strategy and then  for some reason some how you make YOUR limitations the limitations of the strategy

If YOU can't learn SEO, that's on YOU! If YOU need to pay someone for SEO, that is on YOU.

No one is MAKING you!

I pay NO ONE for SEO, and you should NEVER pay anyone for SEO. You will only get my results when you do it yourself. Lead gen is the ESSENCE of REI. If you have no time to learn this, why are you even investing? That is on you. Lead Gen IS REI. We are marketers first and foremost!

So please lets for once and for all stop with the BS.

Unless you show me PROOF like I am doing here that SEO is not the best,  there is nothing else to say.

I am going to show you my last 3 week leads that are all coming in for free, WHILE IT IS SNOWING out!

I paid nothing for these leads.

These leads are SUPER motivated!

Look all..

you can listen to whomever you want on here.  Go try cold calling, go do bandit signs go do DMM.

Please go do it.

Those that actually want to be successful, and want free leads to come in your inbox, like clockwork hot or cold, snow or sunshine, holiday season or dead summer...

You can do it the SEO way.

Up to you.

BUT, do NOT tell me that SEO is not the best way simply because you can't do it. Thats just stupid.

Also, you have never even tasted SEO, yet you say things as if you have tried it all. You have NOT tried SEO.  So, you really shouldn't say stuff you don't know about, and I don't really care how many of your clients are doing cold calling.

And you want to know how many leads we get during NON winter times?

How can you POSSIBLY come at me with SEO is not the best way.

Saying stuff like that is actually making you look like you have no idea about marketing or lead gen. Your methods are inferir old methods. You need to change with the times. DMM is dying, CC is for people that just don't know better.

You don't see Apple, Nike, Samsung, do DMM, cold calling, or knocking on doors right?

ASK yourself WHY!!

If they thought it was a good idea, they would do it too.

AND btw Greg do you SERIOUSLY think I have competition?!

*drops mic*

Originally posted by @Patrick Hill :

@Joe Pifer

It’s short for Search Engine Optimization. It’s forever changing and how google indexes sites and your content.

You are thinking like someone that aims to please google.

DO not care about Google.

I am immune to GOogle updates, because I do not do SEO for Google.

When I tell you that EVERYONE does SEO wrong, this is what I mean.

I do SEO for my traffic, NOT google.

No matter what update or SEO change Google run out, I am ... well I am actually affected in a positive way.

Why?

Because I ONLY care about pleasing my traffic. This is what googles updates are all about. They try to filter out all the people that manipulate google for higher rankings, while GOogle ONLY wants us to please our traffic.

So with every Google update I actually become stronger.

While everyone else panics!

To hell with Google, and Google loves me for it!

Originally posted by @Creston Glover :

@Jerryll Noorden I was thinking about this any videos you think I can find to learn to make one with SEO?

Don't worry about videos.

All you need to do to do solid SEO is get the understanding behind SEO.

Google ranks the best website #1.

So the question is, how does Google determine which website is the best?

Google gives guidelines.

Backlinks citations, keywords...

So everyone goes out and does just that.

Now you have 3000 investor carrot websites that all look alike, sound a like taste aline, and now they are all going to do the EXACT same SEO. Everyone does SEO wrong. EVERYONE. Everyone is trying to please GOogle.

If ANYone ever tells you that they will rank you #1 by doing amazing backlinks for you. RUN!!

RUN!

Wrong!

Screw that.

You just need to think.

Google wants you to please your traffic.

Look at your average time on page on your website. if it is  not high... you are doing something wrong!

Originally posted by @Dustin Morgan :

Thanks for the response.  Can you give me a little more info as to why it's better than the others and any info to help find and filter data that has helped you along the way?

SEO is better because it gets you motivated traffic.

With the right website, that traffic will convert into leads, and with that easily sign contracts.

SEO is free (if you do it yourself, and you should).

SEO works even when you don't.

SEO is a lead generation that gets you leads with predictability, on demand, and reliably on AUTOPILOT.

When I eat sleep poop, travel... I get leads!

I do not follow up, I do not track KPI's I don't have 33 phone numbers,  to see which method/mailer performed better.

I don't have to do skip tracing. 

The biggest thing about SEO, is I am not being held hostage like most of you investors are.

If you stop PPC, DMM, D4D, CC, Bandit signs, your leads STOP!

If I stop.. my leads still come in!

So yes, nothing like SEO!

Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden :
Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson:

@Dustin Morgan

Nope,

@Dustin Morgan : Despite what Greg says, there IS a best way to get leads. And again this is not opinion, this is fact. I have concrete evidence that proves this.

If one deal cost them 3K / lead, it is horrible. OK .. great your clients are doing 300 deals and have money to pay 3K/ deal. But the every day folks here trying to make it, can't afford 3K to spend on a deal. (The point I am am maling here is that telling anyone the # of deals they are making says NOTHING about how efficient the strategy is). You can be making 4 deals a week but if you are spending 40K to get these 4 deals... I wouldn't call that efficient)

The point I am trying to make here is you cant measure the efficiency of a strategy by how many people are do it.

We are not debating which methods are possible to make a deal from. We are discussing the best way, the most efficient way, the cheapest way to reliably generate leads, and again this is not a matter of opinion, or debate.

If you or you or he or she is too lazy, too incapable to learn SEO, or have no time.. fine.. that is on them. That has NOTHING to do with the efficient of the strategy called SEO.

Your mistake Greg is you are projecting YOUR limitations on a strategy and then  for some reason some how you make YOUR limitations the limitations of the strategy

If YOU can't learn SEO, that's on YOU! If YOU need to pay someone for SEO, that is on YOU.

No one is MAKING you!

I pay NO ONE for SEO, and you should NEVER pay anyone for SEO. You will only get my results when you do it yourself. Lead gen is the ESSENCE of REI. If you have no time to learn this, why are you even investing? That is on you. Lead Gen IS REI. We are marketers first and foremost!

OK Jerryll - lets stop the BS as you say.

Carrot sites are great sites and there is nothing wrong with affiliate marketing and offering SEO services but be honest, you are copying and pasting most of the info you provide in this forum directly from their site and from their articles and marketing materials just like the one in the link below. Now they do give you affiliate materials to copy and paste for marketing but they do not expect you to try and sell it like the info is yours.

https://cdn.carrot.com/uploads...

This is just one article that is verbatim a lot of what you write in your posts. So yes anybody can and should use a website and learn SEO and Carrot makes it fool proof. They also recommend using direct mail and other mediums as well and they teach you how to do it on their site because they know there is no one best method for every market and every seller other than consistency. You can find articles on other marketing sources and techniques they recommend here https://carrot.com/resources/

Also leads are not deals. Anyone can generate thousands of leads for free and paid and never get a deal so the leads you are showing really mean nothing and are very misleading. Show your closed deals, real costs and profits if you want to show proof of the effectiveness of the system. 

Bottom line is every serious investor should have a website and Carrot is very good and used by most people but you still need to measure the performance of the marketing by deals closed and the cost to get them so you know what it takes to get a deal. Once you find what works, focus on and scale that method but you should keep other methods going as well f you really want to dominate your market. 

@Dustin Morgan

Nope,

No one is MAKING you!

Carrot sites are great sites and there is nothing wrong with affiliate marketing and offering SEO services but be honest, you are copying and pasting most of the info you provide in this forum directly from their site and from their articles and marketing materials just like the one in the link below. Now they do give you affiliate materials to copy and paste for marketing but they do not expect you to try and sell it like the info is yours.

This is just one article that is verbatim a lot of what you write in your posts. So yes anybody can and should use a website and learn SEO and Carrot makes it fool proof. They also recommend using direct mail and other mediums as well and they teach you how to do it on their site because they know there is no one best method for every market and every seller other than consistency. You can find articles on other marketing sources and techniques they recommend here https://carrot.com/resources/

Also leads are not deals. Anyone can generate thousands of leads for free and paid and never get a deal so the leads you are showing really mean nothing and are very misleading. Show your closed deals, real costs and profits if you want to show proof of the effectiveness of the system. 

Bottom line is every serious investor should have a website and Carrot is very good and used by most people but you still need to measure the performance of the marketing by deals closed and the cost to get them so you know what it takes to get a deal. Once you find what works, focus on and scale that method but you should keep other methods going as well f you really want to dominate your market. 

I am .. what?! Copying? When I say EVERYONE does SEO wrong.. I mean EVERYONE!

How/why would I be copying anyone if they all do it wrong?!

@Nathaniel Hovsepian

@Anthony Bostic

@Melanie Hartmann

@Adam Mitchell

Lets hear it from people that actually know about what and how I do what I do!

What do you think, guys. Am I copying Carrot, or any other website SEO stuff? What do you think.

@Jerryll Noorden 's methods are far beyond anything that I have come across online from any other source claiming to know SEO. I am talking places like backlinko and guys like Neil Patel. He practices what he preaches. I have seen massive ranking gains since I started working with him just 3 months ago and am not looking back. I plan to take the number one spot for my area early next year by following his advice and performing the tasks that he has layed out before me. 

Even though I am not yet ranked number one, that has not stopped people from finding me on google and calling me asking me to buy their homes. These are literally free leads that I have gotten, and even closed a deal on

@Dustin Morgan

Nope,

No one is MAKING you!

Show proof of closings?

First: Closing a deal is not on me or SEO. That has to do with you! Don't bish at SEO because YOU can't close deals. SEO by default, means MOTIVATED sellers. That is the meaning of SEO. So wrong again.

And I will humor you! You want proof of the quality of leads?

MMkay!

(Mods: there is no advertising material in the vid, its clean).

Originally posted by @Nathaniel Hovsepian :

@Dustin Morgan there is no one best way and there are no secrets. Everything works but some better than others. Every market is different as well as price point. Some forms of marketing work way better than others in different areas with different properties. I have some of my coaching clients doing hundreds of deals from direct mail only and some internet only. Others do cold calling only and some Driving for dollars. Then there are people who do some of each.

At the end of the day the difference between the best of the best and the rest is consistency and follow up. Most people will not respond to leads much less follow up. Test some things in your market and when you find a formula that works pour gasoline on it and get after it. 

Greg is only right about one thing here. You will still need to do follow up. While these leads that we are getting from @Jerryll Noorden are free, they aren't always as ready to sell as they claim to be. You still need to work them just like you do any lead, but I would much rather be working and closing on leads that are free any day of the week.

Thank you for chiming in and providing the testimonial. I know carrot sites are effective as I recommend them all the time. 

Let’s clarify a couple of things. if you are paying for Jerryll’s services then the leads are not free. Once you have actually closed a deal from the service you need to add up the cost you paid for the site and his fees to calculate the cost per deal. 

Also as you know and have stated it takes several months to rank and you need to continue the SEO work and his service or do it yourself to continue to rank. You can’t stop or you will loose your ranking. So these leads are not free unless you build your own site and manage the SEO yourself.

@Jerryll Noorden has a very specific way of doing things that I haven't seen anywhere before. These methods have been working for me and I have been getting leads even in the early stages of my SEO efforts. I myself have a house under contract right now, as well as two appointments this week that I plan to have under contract. All of which came from my website. It is true that leads don't necessarily mean deals, however without leads you have no deals anyway. If leads are coming though it is up to me to convert them. I do that by making sure I'm credible and honest. We all know he is no copycat.