Should I still do direct mail around Christmas?

13 Replies

I’m curious if I should still send out mailers during the holidays. I’ve had advice from two people. One saying less competition people are taking a break and other saying no one wants to sell a old house during the holidays. What do y’all think???

Originally posted by @Blaise Brewer :

I’m curious if I should still send out mailers during the holidays. I’ve had advice from two people. One saying less competition people are taking a break and other saying no one wants to sell a old house during the holidays. What do y’all think???

If you have a good mailer, a compelling offer and a good list, even if they don't call you right away they will hold onto it and call you when they are ready. I had a guy call who held onto the flyer for 3 years. I've had people call who had two and three of my mailers.You just never know.

I have to agree with Mike on that one. If you peak their interest there is a possibility they call you back at a later time. Sometimes it takes a life event or even just time for them to really think about it. Decisions like this don't usually happen over night. I was given a lead 6 months ago and I plan on following up with her again soon. Through conversation I learned she had some difficult family matters that needed to be resolved and the house needed to be cleaned out first. Everyone situation for selling is different.

Originally posted by @Blaise Brewer :

@Bob Prisco I am a wholesaler.

My list is specific to Maricopa county for Turnkeys that I sell to California investors, mostly from San Diego and LA. If your criteria is exactly the same s mine, it might make some sense. ;-)

Anyway, there are various list companies you can buy from that are suitable for wherever you are located and whatever you are trying to accomplish..

@Blaise Brewer   everyone throws around that term, I guess some guru said it at a seminar. You mean you lock up props and flip them :)  But again why do you need flyers ?  I have bought / locked up and sold about 500 props , with never once using a mailer not solicited , Its all about your team , your product and knowledge

All the best to you 

Merry Christmas 

@Blaise Brewer not really sure what more to say, you need a better team/ network.  Again I have never done a mass email or marketing campaign. I can get as many " deals " as I want,,,,,,,,

Good Luck 

BTW, do you have cash buyers lined up? Do you have any props for sale ?