How to find absentee owners

17 Replies

So I just started t process of whole selling and I’m already stuck I have a list of addresses from driving for dollar but I don’t know how to find the owners of the property when I go to tax accessors office I get multiple names on each address how do I know who the current owner is and than what is then best skiptrace to find that owners number and is cold calling/texting better or direct mail working with limited funds also

Hey @Andre Bias ! The exact layout of every counties' tax assessor site is quite different than the next. I have used Gwinnett and Fulton Counties' sites to easily find home owners and their address. What county, specifically, are you searching in? 

I do not know any other skiptrace sites, but I'm sure a quick search online or in the forums would give you plenty of options.

Originally posted by @Brenden Mitchum :

Hey @Andre Bias ! The exact layout of every counties' tax assessor site is quite different than the next. I have used Gwinnett and Fulton Counties' sites to easily find home owners and their address. What county, specifically, are you searching in? 

I do not know any other skiptrace sites, but I'm sure a quick search online or in the forums would give you plenty of options.

You can put the address into truepeople and cross reference with the tax records.

Datazapp is also pretty good. 

Originally posted by @Andre Bias :

@Jerryll Noorden I found the houses driving for dollars

In that case, send mailers to them. Make them professional, yet very personal. Get a logo, print a polo with your logo on it. Take several pictures of yourself wearing that polo. Place one pic of you on the letter, and a different pic of you (all with the logo) on your website. Make sure your website is pimped out for credibility.

Note I am not telling you to send mailers because they are absentee owners. I am telling you to do it because their is only a handful of them. Absentee owners does not equal motivation (AT ALL!!).

But doing what I recommended I personally believe will increase your chances getting an audience with them in case they ARE motivated!  

@Jerryll Noorden ok but my problem is I can’t find who owns the property to send direct mailers in first place and what do you believe is the best way to find motivated sellers

Originally posted by @Andre Bias :

@Jerryll Noorden ok but my problem is I can’t find who owns the property to send direct mailers in first place and what do you believe is the best way to find motivated sellers

Exactly! You (kind of) answered your own question.

The best way to find motivated sellers is by having THEM find YOU!

I am not looking for any motivated sellers. I never take any initiative, and they always find me. And ask me to please come over to buy their house.

The best thing is that this strategy works when I do not. It is all on autopilot.

Get a website my friend!

As for how you find the owners in your situation?

As I said before. I am probably the worst person to ask how to find the owners.

But back in the day when I was a mere mortal...

I used to type into Mother Google

"Pay Taxes In New Haven CT" (substitute your site here),

and you will be asked to enter the address.

From there you will find info on the owner.

GOod luck!

@Andre Bias

Fast people search is easy and free

I also use an app called been verified it cost like 15 a month I think it gives a lot of numbers and email and 8 out of 10 are wrong but I use both and cold call it has worked.

Also there are a few driving for dollars apps I use one called drive by rei it works ok and you can pay extra to skip trace

@Andre Bias

you can put all the addresses into a Google Sheet and skiptrace your list with needtoskip.com, or you can send me your properties and I can make the list and have it skiptraced and sent to you for a fee.

Anyone interested or with more questions feel free to message me.