Hottest Market in the US!!!

Real Estate Wholesaling Questions & Answers 41 Replies

Sarah,

Thanks! That's awesome. Much success to you and your husband. If you guys need anything please let us know if we can help. I'm glad some of the information you've read was helpful. Someone gave us the info so it's only right that we share. We have an extreme thirst for knowledge so we are always learning, if there is something we can share we will! And your right see U at the TOP!!!

Stephon & Ed

Originally posted by Scott W.:
ok, i'll see you @ the top then! :)

You cannot resist the powerful gravitational pull to the top here at BP!

[email protected] | 214‑929‑6545

Re: See you at the top. Zig Ziglar was a big influence to me when I got started in business. It helps being from the same city, so I got to see him live. Incredible energy and optimism, even when he was in his 70's. He actually released his latest book this year. He is 86.

Jon,

Can you recommend some books to check out? I don't think I've read any of his books. Thanks again

Stephon & Ed

Stephon, the classic is "See You at the Top." I'd start there. If you like it and want to read more, study the Amazon reviews. Major themes are motivation, sales effectiveness, personal improvement, dealing well with people, Christian living, and leadership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zig_Ziglar

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=Zig%20Ziglar&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3AZig%20Ziglar

HI Stephon,

Great news and way to go! I am trying to get started wholesaling in Central NJ, and now inspired by your success. I am still learning and looking for all the help I can get.

Abdul

I loved reading through this thread. See you at the top Stephon!

Hey,

Jon thanks for the recommendations. Ill be sure to check those out and Ill get back to you.

Abdul, that's great man you made a great decision. Anything we can do to help, please let us know. I know its a lot going on up your way right now, but I'm glad to hear something positive has inspired you and we wish you much successful. No matter who is in your area nobody can buy all the properties, NOBODY! There are sooo many Great deals out there. Be persistent. Be patience. Be Motivated and you'll find that wholesaling is an absolute great way to get into real estate.

Sean, See U at the TOP!!!

Stephon & Ed
RM Equity Investments LLC

@Stephon Meadors -

I laughed when I read about your dollar bill showing thru the window. I have been doing that for about 3 years now and to different groups for different reasons. The highest response we received on this technique was when we mailed to investors who have purchased properties in our area and they appear to have paid cash. I use 9x12 colored envelopes with a letter inside and stack card with call to action inside and the dollar bill is actually attached to the letter and folded. The front side of the dollar bill has a yellow stickie attached that says "the first dollar of many!". The back side of the folded bill actually hangs out the envelope and peeks out below the folded flap with the adhesive.

Unusual sized, red envelopes with dollar bills peeking out tend to get opened!

We have run it to other lists, but never to home sellers and we have never had the same kind of open rate as the one we get from cash buyers. Keep it up and good luck with your business.

All the best -

Chris

Medium memphis invest logo 2015Chris Clothier, Memphis Invest, GP | 901‑751‑7191 | http://www.memphisinvest.com

Chris,

Hey Thanks. That's a great tip. I was shocked when I was told this, but its creative. Marketing is the key to our business, so Ill try everything to make my business successful.

Best Regards,

Stephon & Ed
EM Equity Investments LLC

I have some novelty $100 bills around here that look pretty real. I am wondering if they might work in the same fashion. This might warrant a bit of test marketing. Hmmm.

Originally posted by @Leon D.
I have some novelty $100 bills around here that look pretty real. I am wondering if they might work in the same fashion. This might warrant a bit of test marketing. Hmmm.

Leon D -

I've experimented with different things inside of lumpy mail. That is really what this is by the way. It is mail with something that catches the attention of the recipient and gets them to open. When you use fake money it does not work. When we have experimented with fake bills and even fake coins inside of tube mailers, the response rate drops well below the response rate of your normal everyday letter or postcard. I would not suggest using something that makes you look cheap or like you are faking it until you make it. At some things that is good but in direct mail marketing, I have tested it and it does not work. Stick to letters, postcards or yellow letters until you have the ability to test other things that are going to be more expensive like mailing dollar bills.

All the best - Chris

Medium memphis invest logo 2015Chris Clothier, Memphis Invest, GP | 901‑751‑7191 | http://www.memphisinvest.com

Good info Chris thx

Stephon & Ed

Originally posted by Chris Clothier:

But, hopefully not before they get to their intended recipient! :)

Medium lishproplogoJ Scott, Lish Properties, LLC | [email protected] | http://www.123flip.com

Originally posted by J Scott:
Originally posted by Chris Clothier:

But, hopefully not before they get to their intended recipient! :)

Ha! Always being a wise ass.

Two funny things about that mailer. 1. All but two of the envelopes that were returned for wrong addresses had the dollar bills still peeking out. The other two had been opened somewhere along the way. 2. When we opened the packages we got our first lesson in mailing bills this way...all the adhesive stuck to the bills and tore them in two when we tried to open them. ON every mailer after that we would clip the adhesive strip so it didn't stick to the bill.

Great week for RM Equity Investments! 20+ offers made between 3 cities! Election ended so we went out Wed night and picked up nearly every election sign in my city. Why? For the stakes!!!! Those "T" stakes are about $1.50-2.00/each. Their solid,sturdy,and sit high for everyone to see. Just saved the company about $100 bucks! Be Creative guys, Market your business..WE BUY HOUSES!! See U at the TOP!!!

Stephon & Ed
RM Equity Investments LLC