• Winston-Salem, NC
Votes |
Results of Postcard Mailing to Absentee Owners

Blair Halver
  • Real Estate Entrepreneur
  • Winston-Salem, NC
Posted Dec 9 2012, 10:36

Hi all,
I've been compiling my results from my postcard mailings to Absentee Owners over the past few years. Here's what I've been getting:

Average Call-In Rate: 10.67%
Average Voicemail Rate: 4.40%

My Call-In Rate is the total number of calls I receive (whether they leave a message after listening to my 2-minute pre-recorded message or not) divided by the total number of postcards I send.

My Voicemail Rate is the total number of voicemails I receive after they call in and listen to a 2-3 minute pre-recorded message that tells them a little more about how we buy houses, divided by the total number of postcards I send.

I always have the phone calls directed to this pre-screening voicemail greeting. I don't want to take the calls directly and immediately.

I don't include any website or company name on the postcard, just my name and the phone number for them to call the pre-recorded message. I only use a local phone number.

My list criteria: Last Market Sale Date 10 years ago or more, house not older than 1978 (lead paint year), 3+ BR, 2+ BA, 1000sf+, Absentee Owned in-state and out-of-state, exclude trustees and corporations.

If you're on the fence about direct mail in general, or what direct mail to do, and to what list, I've had great success with this combo of postcards and Absentee Owners. I would encourage you to give it a shot.

Loading replies...