Memorandum of contract

Memorandum of contract

Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 28 votes

Is it usually a good idea to file a memorandum of contract after I get a property under contract with a seller?

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Purcellville, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 841 votes
    6y

    @Marlon Jackson,

    A Memorandum of Contract isn't required, but it can help protect you if someone tries to go around you.  It would get caught in the title search and prevent anyone from getting the house under contract until your contract expires.  Without it, you would have to take action yourself if this were to happen.

    I'm pretty sure you have to have it notarized, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

    Personally, I think it's not necessary.  Now, if I get screwed by not doing this a few times, I might change my tune, but it's my opinion for now. 

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 28 votes
    6y

    @Barry Pekin Thank you. Was just asking because I’m still towards the beginning of my venture and can’t afford to lose any deals right now by anyone going around me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.