Wholesale beginner with full-time job

9 Replies

Hi,

I have started the process of becoming a wholesaler(education, driving for $$, compiling a buyers list). Since I work 10 hours/day M-Th, my time is limited to Fri, Sat, Sun to find properties in my area(Also, married with 3 kids). Should I consider buying an absentee owner list?

Any input is appreciated.

Originally posted by @Marlon Lemond :

Hi,

I have started the process of becoming a wholesaler(education, driving for $$, compiling a buyers list). Since I work 10 hours/day M-Th, my time is limited to Fri, Sat, Sun to find properties in my area(Also, married with 3 kids). Should I consider buying an absentee owner list?

Any input is appreciated.

Hey watsup Marlon.  I’m pretty new too. I’m also from Baton Rouge but live in Dallas. I just had two websites made. One for attracting motivated sellers. And one to attract cash buyers. I’m getting them optimized for conversion. I’m about to push my sites out there through PPC marketing. And SEO. Try using a software like myreipro or something similar bro.  

@Marlon Lemond ,

There are a LOT of ways to market.  And, after all, this business is all about marketing.

So, yes, you could buy an absentee owner list.  And if you do, you need to start marketing to that list very, very hard.  Don't just send them a postcard.  Send them a postcard, then email them, then call them, then knock on their doors, then email them again, then send them another postcard.  You get the idea.

But really, look at all of the potential ways you can market your business, and figure out which ones work FOR YOU!  Do you like cold calling?  Do you like door knocking?  Do you like sending postcards for months and months? Figure out which marketing method works for you, and pursue it with all you got.

Hi @Marlon Lemond , another thought is that your county might have a publicly accessible database that you can pull absentee owners from yourself (mine does).  Might take a couple steps to whittle down the data to absentee owners and helps to have some programming knowledge, but that's an option if you're looking to save money on the list.  But if you have money more than time, buying the list is probably the way to go!