Building a SYSTEM for wholesale realestate

5 Replies

I’ve started to cold call and have gotten a couple good leads I’ve worked with. I want to turn this into a business. I’ve got a CRM, I can cold call. But I want to know what a SYSTEM looks like. Do I call 25 prospects a day? When do I look for cash buyers? What does it look like?

Here's what my system looks like:

1.  Pull lists of possible motivated seller properties

2.  Send those leads to a skip trace company to get their phone number

3.  When I add each lead to my CRM with a number, they get an automated text message saying "Hey is this _____?"  I follow communications to see if they are motivated.  If they don't answer, they go to the next step.

4.  Voicemail drop gets sent to their voicemail box saying something like "My name is ______ and I invest in..."

5.  If they don't call back after 1 day they go to the first step in the mail campaign and get sent a postcard.

6.  At increasing intervals they get up to 5 total letters and postcards until they call me.

7.  If they never call me, they are marked dead

8.  If they ever pop up on a new list (see step 1), they restart the mail campaign again.

Ours is almost identical to Bryce. 

Consistency is most important. When we started we only did 2-3 steps. Once we had the hang of it we added a few more. Do what you can commit to doing for a sustained amount of time, no more. Otherwise you'll likely get overwhelmed and fall off.

It's all the basics that matter. Track your activities. Do more of what works and stop what doesn't. 

Good luck!

Hey Alyssa,

be careful saying  "Consistency is key". Please considder this. And with this I will try to give you a new dimention of thinking if you don't mind. I will paint a picture for you and see if you see the point I am trying to make , then I will really give you a bit of my personal insight. See this as a tip not critisizm.

Ready?

Here we go!

Consistency is key playing the lottery. Consistency is key only when you are relying on luck, volume. Consistency is Key only when your "system" is no working! Consistency is key means, keep trying till it works. Let me tell you something, in the field of engineering science or medical fields this does not fly!

When the spaceshuttle blows up on the way to orbit, NASA is not going to say, "Ahh launch an other one, and an other one, AND an other one till one reaches the moon".

If you have to rely on consistency, something is wrong and sure as hell it can't be called a system,

Many many MANY investors will disagree with me here and this is because most have no clue what a true lead generating system looks like.

Lists (in general) do not work. Never have, never will!

Lists do not target or attract motivation.

A true system looks like this

All free all motivated, all effortless and all on autopilot. I can expect them, count on these leads, daily.

Not many investors AT ALL use analysis, innovation common sense and logic to get ahead of the herd.

I mean think about it. Who came up with the "brilliant" idea to do lists?

Look at the difference between most investors' method, and mine.

Most spend a ton of money and/or effort on reaching people without having a clue whether those people are motivated or not.

Only AFTER  they spend money and/or time/effort will they find out whether or not they are motivated.

How does that honestly make ANY sense? It truly doesn't right, when you really stop and think about it?

What we do is we don't spend a cent or do any work until we know they are motivated.

The typical phonecall with my sellers go something like this:

"Hello Jerryll speaking"

Hey Jerryll this is Charles,  I wasn't expecting to reach a live person wow. Man I have to tell you your business is very impressive, and with so many reviews, and.. and.. and...  and they go on and on.. SERIOUSLY.

Here is why this is so important.

Till that call I had no clue they even existed... and while I was unaware of their existence, they convinced themselves to work with me, they vetted themselves for me, and they did all the research on us themselves. I don;t have to lift a damn finger. All I do is say OK when would you like to schedule a meet and done.

ONLY AFTER the call and after I deem them worthy (equity, location etc. etc.) if I want to start spending gas money and time driving there.

Do you realize I only devote my company's resources AFTER I deem them worthy?

No my friends.

People need to seriously step up their analysis game.. because if they do not... people like me in their market WILL destroy them!

There is nothing wrong with spending money to get leads, do not misunderstand me. But spend money using a method that makes sense and that definitely is  not using a list! 

My suggestion is ... if you like lists then add a website to your business with the intention and understanding that lists are temporary and seriously focus on credibility!

We now just scaled to 6-figures/week using our in-house developed credibility strategies, for ALL our businesses. We now are going for 7-figures/month.

It is no joke. It is a lethal weapon:

It just starts with a simply mindset change, a simple understanding, a true understanding EXACTLY WHAT you are doing, HOW and WHY. If you can really consciously "truly SEE" the how and why, you suddenly "wake up" and you get shocked when you suddenly see how crazy stupid all these methods floating around are. All you need to do is "wake up and see it". 

Hope this inspires everyone to think outside the box.

Good luck you all!

First off, thank you all for taking the time to give me feedback. I did not think people actually replied to posts, thought it was too good to be true. Bryce the system you use seems like it would make things a lot easier. What CRM do you use? Thank you Alyssa for your feedback.

Jerryl, your mindset is where I would like to be at some point. I was studying this business for about 2-3 months before finally deciding to take action. Right now action is the only thing I want as my teacher, in return to learn from the good and the bad. That is my mindset. What can I do to learn without a "method" or "system"? Is there a question I should be asking you that I am not right now?

First off, thank you all for taking the time to give me feedback. I did not think people actually replied to posts, thought it was too good to be true. Bryce the system you use seems like it would make things a lot easier. What CRM do you use? Thank you Alyssa for your feedback.

Jerryl, your mindset is where I would like to be at some point. I was studying this business for about 2-3 months before finally deciding to take action. Right now action is the only thing I want as my teacher, in return to learn from the good and the bad. That is my mindset. What can I do to learn without a "method" or "system"? Is there a question I should be asking you that I am not right now?