Looking for a motivated seller.

22 Replies

1. Check with your brokerage and broker first about wholesaling with a real estate license. There are many conflicting issues there.

2. There are lists you can build and plenty of off-market seller leads sources, also driving for dollars apps like Deal Machine.

You have to know what you are targeting and why to find motivated seller leads and you have to spend to get them unless you want to start just mailing your own letters and in that case, you still need to drive or buy a list and skip trace it.

@Osman Seid

How much are you looking to invest ?

$0 - $10,000 ? Drive for dollars, pay dumpsters collector and mail men to find you distressed prop .( $10-$20 an address) . Go to the courts and obtain eviction records (Tired landlord) list.

$10,000  - $20,000? Cold call, smsblast, ringless voicemail, virtual assistance.

$20,000 - $30,000? Mailers (consistently), Website, Ad clicks and SEOs etc

$30,000 - $40,000? Combine them all

With just about enough education and knowledge , you may develop some kind of tunnel vision to be able to spot motivated sellers.

Whats going on Osman,

Your monthly marketing budget is the deciding factor here.

If you have a minimal marketing budget then you are in what I like to call the HUSTLE stage.This will include you substituting what you don't have in capital with hustle and hunger.

You do this by:

Cold calling, Driving for Dollars, Self made bandit signs, Hand written letters, etc.

The key is to take action and give this business ALL you've got.

Best of luck!

Starting out I think the best way is driving for dollars. Plenty of Youtube videos that will walk you through that Osman. It's a great way to see the neighborhoods and identify houses that need work. Check out Zack Boothe. He's legit and shows you how he works that lead source to near perfection.

Originally posted by @Tommy Adeoye :

@Osman Seid

How much are you looking to invest ?

$0 - $10,000 ? Drive for dollars, pay dumpsters collector and mail men to find you distressed prop .( $10-$20 an address) . Go to the courts and obtain eviction records (Tired landlord) list.

$10,000  - $20,000? Cold call, smsblast, ringless voicemail, virtual assistance.

$20,000 - $30,000? Mailers (consistently), Website, Ad clicks and SEOs etc

$30,000 - $40,000? Combine them all

With just about enough education and knowledge , you may develop some kind of tunnel vision to be able to spot motivated sellers.

Hey Osman, your reply caught my attention because you mentioned ringless voicemail. I’m familiar with the technology, but I’m not sure how it would translate to a real estate environment. I currently use this ringless voicemail service for my non-RE business, and I’m curious to hear your suggestions for how to use this in a real estate scope. Thanks in advance.

OK wait wait wait. Everyone calm down. Stop panicking. I iz here.

Sit down you silly little mortals you... and listen to this OMG handsome guy. We ALL know that when anyone mentions motivated seller leads I show up in a cloud of blue smoke.

Yes, money money money. It cost so much money... unless your name is Jerryll Noorden duh.

Look my peops... 

My leads ... are infinitely better than yours. Yes my dad can beat your dad too! My leads are... wait for it.. FREEEEEEEEEEE

I don't chase them, those damn friggin people chase me. In fact i had to yell at a few of them because they don't friggin leave me alone and they KEEP friggin calling me "where is my offer, where is my offer". GAADAMNIT people, there are 9 other people on the first page of Google, GO BOTHER THEM... but NOOOOOOOO they need an offer from the handsome dude.

All motivated, all free, all with NO effort, this doesn't even show the phone calls we are getting from people calling the number on our website. ... and I have no competition. How many people can rank #1?

So... NO competition.

And you you want to know why you are struggling? And not getting leads, and paying so much damn money for leads? Because you are not LISTENING to me.

For 5 years have I been showing my results, showing my screenshots, my theories my teachings... but what do I see.. people skipping right over my responses and then replying to the guy that tells you to go drive for dollars or do Direct Mail Marketing.

The reason you are not as handsome as me (and getting many leas.. very related btw.. handsomeness and lead generation.. look at me.. see proof!) is because you are listening to the damn gurus. They tell you to drive for dolars doorknocking direct mail marketing.

Listen my dudes...

I said it once and I will say it again.

1) Get a website

2) Understand The 3 C's Of Jerryll. Credibility Is the Catalyst To Conversions!

3) Rank it #1 (if you need to know how to reliably rank #1, seriously go to the conference in 3 weeks. I will explain it all in full detail)

4) STOP listening to anyone that claims they know SEO (they DON'T.. I Promise you that!)

5) Use your logic

6) STOP following Sheep!

7) Focus on value more than ranking

8) Stop trying to rank #1 and start thinking "conversions"

9) Understand the concept behind "SEO is NOT about Google, SEO is about PEOPLE"

damn it.. I can't leave it at 9... wait let me think..

10) Acknoledge Jerryll is friggin SMART!

You master these 10 points and you WILL be almost as handsome as I am. If you are serious about following my lead and serious about obeying my every command, reply to this post and I will give those who ask a guide how to do it.

Remember the wise words of the Dumbledude

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it

So ask for it!

All Hail MSOOTKAUG!

Originally posted by @Alan Bailey :

Starting out I think the best way is driving for dollars. Plenty of Youtube videos that will walk you through that Osman. It's a great way to see the neighborhoods and identify houses that need work. Check out Zack Boothe. He's legit and shows you how he works that lead source to near perfection.

NO!!

Originally posted by @Joe Gonzalez :

Whats going on Osman,

If you have a minimal marketing budget then you are in what I like to call the HUSTLE stage.This will include you substituting what you don't have in capital with hustle and hunger.

You do this by:

Cold calling, Driving for Dollars, Self made bandit signs, Hand written letters, etc.

Best of luck!

Forgive me but, this is completely wrong.

Please do not follow this advise!

Why is it that NO ONE shows proof. It is always claims. Always theory! but never ANY proof.

I don't blame you friend... you simply do not know any better (not being a douche here.. I mean it).

You have never tasted true lead generation and you honestly think that this is the way to do it. I am here to tell you this is wrong.

Now you can either be stubborn and use emotion to stick to your ways and be offended by this message (don't be, I am just really blunt and direct)... OR you can use intelligence logic, evidence reason and realize your (generic you, not YOU you) ways are simply wrong.

YES there IS a "best way" to get leads. People that say "oh up to you , every strategy works"... sure..

just like you can either throw a stick of dynamite in a pond filled with fish, or you can jump on with a spoon and beat the fish to death with said spoon... underwater... a life healthy fish.. you don't have flippers...

Now i want everyone to HEAR THIS

NO it does not depend on YOUR budget.

I see this inspirational jargon mentioned SO often.

It is not hustle. It is not "how much money you have"...

It is the other way around..

Instead of asking "how can I become successful with what I have"... you need to ask what do I need to have to become successful.

If you have 3 dollars in your account and you need to get leads.. instead of trying to figure out how you will manage to do it with 3 dollars.. you need to sit down,  and figure out how much money , skills, connections, knowledge you need to acquire to become successful. (and the sooner you all realize this, the sooner you will become successful!)

If your success = $1M in 3 years...

work backwards..

that means I need to make $1M/3 = $333.33K/year.

That means you need to make $333K/12 per month.

So roughly you need to make $30K/month.

So that is 3 wholesale deals with about $1oK profits per assignment.

For 3 wholesale deals you need to get 20 PPC leads, or 15facebook leads, or 3 SEO leads.

This is what it takes to become successful

The amount you have available for marketing is COMPLETELY irrelevant here. It is the amount you NEED, not the amount you have.

It is advise like this and people getting inspired by this stuff is one of the biggest reasons why so many simply do not make it.

You need to step up and use intelligence, not inspirational messages to get crap done!

Step up or step off!

Again... PROOF!!

without proof... everything and anything anyone says is just an opinion!

And we all know what I do with opinions....

Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden :
Originally posted by @Joe Gonzalez:

Whats going on Osman,

You do this by:

Best of luck!

Why is it that NO ONE shows proof. It is always claims. Always theory! but never ANY proof.

I don't blame you friend... you simply do not know any better (not being a douche here.. I mean it).

You have never tasted true lead generation and you honestly think that this is the way to do it. I am here to tell you this is wrong.

Now you can either be stubborn and use emotion to stick to your ways and be offended by this message (don't be, I am just really blunt and direct)... OR you can use intelligence logic, evidence reason and realize your (generic you, not YOU you) ways are simply wrong.

YES there IS a "best way" to get leads. People that say "oh up to you , every strategy works"... sure..

just like you can either throw a stick of dynamite in a pond filled with fish, or you can jump on with a spoon and beat the fish to death with said spoon... underwater... a life healthy fish.. you don't have flippers...

Instead of asking "how can I become successful with what I have"... you need to ask what do I need to have to become successful.

If you have 3 dollars in your account and you need to get leads.. instead of trying to figure out how you will manage to do it with 3 dollars.. you need to sit down,  and figure out how much money , skills, connections, knowledge you need to acquire to become successful. (and the sooner you all realize this, the sooner you will become successful!)

work backwards..

For 3 wholesale deals you need to get 20 PPC leads, or 15facebook leads, or 3 SEO leads.

The amount you have available for marketing is COMPLETELY irrelevant here. It is the amount you NEED, not the amount you have.

It is advise like this and people getting inspired by this stuff is one of the biggest reasons why so many simply do not make it.

You need to step up and use intelligence, not inspirational messages to get crap done!

Step up or step off!

Again... PROOF!!

Whats going on Jerryll,

No offense taken, I'm pretty transparent too. I've done Millions of dollars worth of assignments so I know a thing or two. I'm also confident that if we both had to start from scratch with $3.00 I'd have a deal locked up by the time you were done choosing a pretty domain name.

Wait would 3 bucks even cover the domain cost? lol.

SEO is just another great marketing channel, there are more than one. 

Have a good one!

Everyone is here selling their own self - like Joe said there are different ways of doing things. People have different skill levels and different budgets.

Everyone knows a Ferrari rides fast (SEO) doesn't mean everyone can afford it or is intermediate enough to handle it (ie driving fast and crashing it)

There are different strategies for all - I use all but do agree most of my leads are from my site, of course I also have the budget to maximize it.

Good luck to all :)

Originally posted by @Joe Gonzalez :
Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:

Whats going on Osman,

You do this by:

Best of luck!

work backwards..

Step up or step off!

Again... PROOF!!

Whats going on Jerryll,

No offense taken, I'm pretty transparent too. I've done Millions of dollars worth of assignments so I know a thing or two. I'm also confident that if we both had to start from scratch with $3.00 I'd have a deal locked up by the time you were done choosing a pretty domain name.

Have a good one!

Yo I appreciate the polite difference in opinion. Most start crying and whining so good on you.

But allow me if you do not mind.

You making millions has nothing to do with anything. We are on our way to $1M/month, yet that is not proof of me being right.

You know what is proof of me being right?

This:

Here is what you need to understand. 

1) I never said you can not make money or you can not be successful doing all these inferior marketing strategies. I NEVER said that. I said SEO is the best, and you nor anyone else STILL could prove me wrong.

YOU making millions does not mean what you are doing is the best right? YOU made millions, AWESOME!! How many people that do the exact same thing as you are failing misserably? A LOT!

So sorry but that is not proof I am wrong. At all.

I am right. Period.

2) you do the exact same thing all these gurus do.

Pose in front of a mansion, a huge check, a fancy car and that magically translates to your system being successful. NO IT DOES NOT.

If you are boasting lead generation, don't pose next to a mansion and say "see the system works".. that is friggin retarded. If you boast lead generation SHOW ME THE LEADS. Show me how much you spend, how much you pay for skip tracing, show me the tons of angry calls you get from people that didn't find it amusing you send them a letter. You can't just show the good things and hide the crap from everyone right?

THAT is shady.

Again I do appreciate your awesome approach of disagreeing with me, I think that is very awesome of you.

But I still stand uncorrected.

Yes there are many marketing strategies.. but there is ONE BEST ONE! And proof is in my previous message.

BTW, your "what if" scenarios do not amuse nor impress me. EVERYONE can play the "what if " game, yet there is no backbone to back anything up. That is lame and cheap. Big mouth still no proof!

What if you have 3 dollars and you will lock a deal up faster than me? Little man with big mouth.. I don't think you know much about me do you.

While you are measuring how much bigger your stick is... I don't care to prove you are wrong and that you would not sign anything faster than me. Believe what you want to feel more secure in your abilities. While you are bragging about your deal skills, I have shown proof and scaling to $1M/month. still all I see is you in a fancy sports coat next to a fancy car. That crap doesn't work on me dude.

Originally posted by @Ray Danishyar :

Everyone is here selling their own self - like Joe said there are different ways of doing things. People have different skill levels and different budgets.

Everyone knows a Ferrari rides fast (SEO) doesn't mean everyone can afford it or is intermediate enough to handle it (ie driving fast and crashing it)

There are different strategies for all - I use all but do agree most of my leads are from my site, of course I also have the budget to maximize it.

Good luck to all :)

Again wrong.

I did SEO 100% free,

Look man. you can go to Beverly hills and sit at the most expensive restaurant order a BLfrigginT and pay $63 for it.

Or you can go home, slap a tomato some mayo lettuce and bacon on some toast and it is free, right?

SEO is free and I teach people HOW to do it for free!

You can do what you want and I won't get in your way. But if you tell the forums and you give others bad advice, yes I will speak up. You say, do all kind of marketing... I say ... NO do NOT do it all. That is stupid.

Do what gives you ethical motivated seller leads as cheap as possible that increases your deal rate as high as possible.

Remember, I am not here trying to convince you to do what I think you should do. I am here to warn others that read your advice, NOT TO TAKE IT!

That said.. my job is done. I have shown proof.. if anyone is dumb enough to ignore my warnings and proof... well your failure is on you. You deserve it.

Those with a brain will understand that what I am saying makes sense and now they can do their own research to validate my points and then make an educated decision!

Cheers.

@Jerryll Noorden that’s fair you have a right to defend yourself but always always remember in business. Nothing is free. Your first round of advice is free but at some point whatever point that maybe there aren’t mother Teresa’s in this forum helping everyone out of the goodness of their hearts. I am just saying it’s not for everyone (budgets, timelines, personalities, skill sets)

Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:

Whats going on Osman,

You do this by:

Best of luck!

work backwards..

Step up or step off!

Again... PROOF!!

Whats going on Jerryll,

Have a good one!

Yo I appreciate the polite difference in opinion. Most start crying and whining so good on you.

But allow me if you do not mind.

You making millions has nothing to do with anything. We are on our way to $1M/month, yet that is not proof of me being right.

You know what is proof of me being right?

This:

Here is what you need to understand. 

1) I never said you can not make money or you can not be successful doing all these inferior marketing strategies. I NEVER said that. I said SEO is the best, and you nor anyone else STILL could prove me wrong.

YOU making millions does not mean what you are doing is the best right? YOU made millions, AWESOME!! How many people that do the exact same thing as you are failing misserably? A LOT!

So sorry but that is not proof I am wrong. At all.

I am right. Period.

2) you do the exact same thing all these gurus do.

Pose in front of a mansion, a huge check, a fancy car and that magically translates to your system being successful. NO IT DOES NOT.

If you are boasting lead generation, don't pose next to a mansion and say "see the system works".. that is friggin retarded. If you boast lead generation SHOW ME THE LEADS. Show me how much you spend, how much you pay for skip tracing, show me the tons of angry calls you get from people that didn't find it amusing you send them a letter. You can't just show the good things and hide the crap from everyone right?

THAT is shady.

Again I do appreciate your awesome approach of disagreeing with me, I think that is very awesome of you.

But I still stand uncorrected.

Yes there are many marketing strategies.. but there is ONE BEST ONE! And proof is in my previous message.

BTW, your "what if" scenarios do not amuse nor impress me. EVERYONE can play the "what if " game, yet there is no backbone to back anything up. That is lame and cheap. Big mouth still no proof!

What if you have 3 dollars and you will lock a deal up faster than me? Little man with big mouth.. I don't think you know much about me do you.

While you are measuring how much bigger your stick is... I don't care to prove you are wrong and that you would not sign anything faster than me. Believe what you want to feel more secure in your abilities. While you are bragging about your deal skills, I have shown proof and scaling to $1M/month. still all I see is you in a fancy sports coat next to a fancy car. That crap doesn't work on me dude.

Whats up Jerryll,

Thanks for the reply! I'm not big on writing long paragraphs so I'll keep it short and sweet.

You're not just a little bit wrong, you're also delusional lol. (I say that with love)

Did you ever have that math teacher that was maybe good at knowing a subject but lacked common sense and/or social cues? You're that but in real estate. You see people on here are not dumb, most can see past the tough guy persona. I promise you when people see your posts they say "Man I probably should look into SEO, but I'm not hiring that hot head."

Imagine a developer in New York calling you an idiot for not building skyscrapers (and instead making a living off of selling SEO on Biggerpockets through fear mongering.) Would that make you an idiot? Everyone has to start somewhere, if someone decides to drive around and cold call a seller does that make them an idiot? just because they're not using your methods?

"You don't know much about me do you?" You are Jerryll Noorden - the guy who showed up on my instagram as a paid campaign and is currently at 123 followers. Well I think that's you. Hopefully BPCON elevates your reach, or maybe use some of those SEO tactics to get those numbers up. If that doesn't work you might have to post infront of a lambo after all lol.

Alright I had my fun: If you're new to wholesaling keep working on your craft, I started with $1,500 and a lot of ambition. Do your own research and never let a salesman pressure you into buying into anything. Good luck to all.

PS. Those cute email snapshots don't mean anything - post your P&L. 

I am in New Orleans teaching investors how to do lead generation the right way at my talk. I promise I will read this later and prove to you that you are still wrong ok?

dude... I simply don't care. Do what you will. Believe you are right if it makes you feel better. Don't care. 

be good man.

Originally posted by @Ray Danishyar :

@Jerryll Noorden that’s fair you have a right to defend yourself but always always remember in business. Nothing is free. Your first round of advice is free but at some point whatever point that maybe there aren’t mother Teresa’s in this forum helping everyone out of the goodness of their hearts. I am just saying it’s not for everyone (budgets, timelines, personalities, skill sets)

If you say so.

I just finished my talk at the conference teaching 300+ investors how to do this for... wait for it.... FREE!!

Originally posted by @Ray Danishyar:

If you say so.

I just finished my talk at the conference teaching 300+ investors how to do this for... wait for it.... FREE!!

Congrats! that is inspiring, I really mean it.