• New to Real Estate
  • Chester, CT
Votes |
Seeking Advice - Homeowner's Insurance vs Nature

Gary Libero
  • New to Real Estate
  • Chester, CT
Posted Dec 7 2021, 07:04

Hello! I'm a new homeowner who embarked on a house hacking journey about a month ago. Everything has been going great, until last week. Mother Nature decided to drop one medium size tree on a small section of the vinyl fence that runs the length of the property. Not a huge deal and I confirmed the cost will be covered by the town since the tree was on town property.

Last night, a little further down, a much larger tree fell and took out other, larger sections of the same fence. The town's tree warden had to come out to assess other trees along the street and determined he will be cutting down at least two of them (if these two came down, they're definitely coming onto/ into the house).

Have you run into a situation like this before? If yes, what was the impact on your homeowner's insurance? My fence guy is not able to get to this work until the spring and was hesitant to even write up a quote now given the current cost of materials and the supply/demand madness. I'm waiting for a call back from my insurance agent and I will update this post with any new findings, but curious to know who else has been in a scenario like this.

Happy holidays!

G

Loading replies...