• Investor
  • H, NE
Votes |
Insurance Claim

Ethan Bruland
  • Investor
  • H, NE
Posted Jan 29 2016, 10:04

12 months, our furnace went out, pipes froze, and we racked up over 100k in damage.  12 months later we are still fighting with the insurance company on a settlement. 

They've managed to convince me to give up on furnace replacement by threatening to deny our entire claim if they replace the furnace. 

I've submitted over 100k of receipts and living expenses to them.  They are now offering to pay 67k.  The original offer the day the adjuster showed up was $4,800.  It wasn't difficult to get them up from that to 55,000.  I've resubmitted reciepts totalling about $9,500 in discrepencies in items I believe should be covered in full such as our kicthen cabinets(lowers only), bathroom vanity that was built in and not salvagable, and some other minor things. 

We do have replacement cost and loss of use coverage.  They are offering to pay us 90 days worth of living expenses even though the remodel took 12 months due to their lack of a General contractor.  I acted as the general contractor as I didn't know any better.  Any guidance would be great!

Loading replies...