• Windsor, CT
Votes |
Buying Another Investment PLEASE HELP!

Melissa Gittens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Windsor, CT
Posted Jun 5 2017, 09:34

Hi All, 

I hope you are CRUSHING your goals this year, I am well on my way to hitting my goal this year and am very excited about my progress and experience/knowledge I am receiving along the way. I was always taught in order to learn you must get your feet wet and learn while you earn. So here I am, about 30 offers in and finally an accepted offer on my 2nd investment in 6 months. 

I wanted to give an update and ask a question about Insurance policies that are available  for investment properties. I  am trying to figure out what kind of homeowners/insurance policy I can use to insurance my investment property. I already have an existing homeowners ins policy out and was advised that I can only have one out on my primary residence that I occupy for 9 months out of the year. 

SO, My question is: 

1. Is this true that you can only have one out on a primary residence? (It is a multi family as well)

2. If this is the case, what other insurance policies can I use? (Landlord Insurance)

3. Please give me any companies that have fairly affordable premiums/ or any agencies/companies that you use. (Preferably in CT)

4. Can you also advise what things I should look for/ also add within the policy since I will not be living there and it will be an investment.

Any advice is definitely helpful!

Thanks, 

Melissa 

Loading replies...