• Fort Walton Beach, FL
Votes |
Home owners insurance

Tyler Austin
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posted Feb 27 2018, 06:47

I am purchasing a property in Fort Walton Beach FL. I have received a few quotes on HOI, ranging from 1800 to 2400. The covered on the high end is much more and comprehensive than the lower. I do not mind paying the money if it is good coverage. However, I do not want to pay more and then do a claim and not get coverage. So my question for those in Florida, who do you use for your insurance, and have you made a claim and had success. This property is half acre with a primary home 4br 2 1/2 bath, and a 1 bed one bath. A nice white plastic privacy fence, metal roofing, 3 other sheds, new a/c, home water filter system, just to name a few key selling points. I'm set to close at 312,500, I'll be living in main unit and renting the 1 bed one bath for 750-800. 

This will be a property I like in for a while, enjoying the space which I could not otherwise have for the 1250 a month which would be out my pocket after deducting rental income. I currently rent a home for 1295, and it's only 1400 Sq ft on a small lot. 

Enough rambling. Any advice how to handle the HOI? 

I was trying to get the mortgage including tax and HOI for 1800, but it seems it will now be closer to 2000.

Loading replies...