Stay away from RAD Diversified

Stay away from RAD Diversified

Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes

This company is a complete real estate and investment ponzi scheme.  Run by Dutch Mendenhall and Amy Vaughn, they solicit hard money loans (which they do not pay back) and joint venture real estate deals which they also do not pay back.  Not only do they not repay funds, they claim we owe them additional funding for renovations that never actually happen.  You can look for yourself by looking them up on Google.  They have over 100 pending lawsuits against them and counting.  Investors beware!

9Reply
615 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · New Braunfels, TX · Member since 2022 · 408 posts · 408 votes
1y
Quote from @Tom Nagy:
Quote from @Stuart Udis:

Yes.  I have 3 joint venture deals that were presented to me as netting 170% profits in 2 years.  Apparently, not only did they sell at a loss, I didn't get any money back at all and they claim I owe them an additional $40,000 for "renovations" despite no work being done to the building at all.  I also have a hard money loan that has had a "freeze" on payments that were supposed to start a year ago.  They give no official closing documents, just internal documents that I'm guessing are fraudulent.


170% profit in two years is a HUGE red flag🤯
See this reply in the discussion

61 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    @Tom Nagy There are a number of existing forum threads covering the challenges RAD Diversified has faced with a number of investor's personal accounts of their own experiences. Are you willing to share more details on your investment experience? What market did you invest in with RAD? Inner Circle JV? Loan? Or through their REIT? What precisely went wrong? How much was invested if you are willing to share?

    • Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 10 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Stuart Udis:

      @Tom Nagy There are a number of existing forum threads covering the challenges RAD Diversified has faced with a number of investor's personal accounts of their own experiences. Are you willing to share more details on your investment experience? What market did you invest in with RAD? Inner Circle JV? Loan? Or through their REIT? What precisely went wrong? How much was invested if you are willing to share?


      Stuart. Generally speaking - best coure of action for investors in REIT (legally).
      Think its going to be public pressure via social media -but wondering.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Tom Nagy:

    Thanks for sharing. I hope you found the Google reviews before getting involved. It's always important to screen anyone you are doing business with.


    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Tom Nagy:

    This company is a complete real estate and investment ponzi scheme.  Run by Dutch Mendenhall and Amy Vaughn, they solicit hard money loans (which they do not pay back) and joint venture real estate deals which they also do not pay back.  Not only do they not repay funds, they claim we owe them additional funding for renovations that never actually happen.  You can look for yourself by looking them up on Google.  They have over 100 pending lawsuits against them and counting.  Investors beware!


     There is a very lengthy post about them on BP and reddit. I am also curious to timing of your loan to them and other questions that were asked in this post.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Stuart Udis:

    Yes.  I have 3 joint venture deals that were presented to me as netting 170% profits in 2 years.  Apparently, not only did they sell at a loss, I didn't get any money back at all and they claim I owe them an additional $40,000 for "renovations" despite no work being done to the building at all.  I also have a hard money loan that has had a "freeze" on payments that were supposed to start a year ago.  They give no official closing documents, just internal documents that I'm guessing are fraudulent.


  • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Tom Nagy:

    This company is a complete real estate and investment ponzi scheme.  Run by Dutch Mendenhall and Amy Vaughn, they solicit hard money loans (which they do not pay back) and joint venture real estate deals which they also do not pay back.  Not only do they not repay funds, they claim we owe them additional funding for renovations that never actually happen.  You can look for yourself by looking them up on Google.  They have over 100 pending lawsuits against them and counting.  Investors beware!


     There is a very lengthy post about them on BP and reddit. I am also curious to timing of your loan to them and other questions that were asked in this post.




    Yes. I have 3 joint venture deals that were presented to me as netting 170% profits in 2 years. Apparently, not only did they sell at a loss, I didn't get any money back at all and they claim I owe them an additional $40,000 for "renovations" despite no work being done to the building at all. I also have a hard money loan that has had a "freeze" on payments that were supposed to start a year ago. They give no official closing documents, just internal documents that I'm guessing are fraudulent.
  • Ryan BlakePro Member
    Lender · TX · Member since 2018 · 936 posts · 713 votes
    1y

    @Tom Nagy So sorry this happened to you. It is unfortunately a very risky thing to invest with individuals. They are not secured investments and you have very little protection outside of out right fraud laws. I wish you luck but please let this be a warning to ALL investors. No matter who it is, RAD or another group, please do a lot of research and make sure you are working with someone who has a track record and is able to connect you with references. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    @Ryan Blake These investments can be secured, or at least better secured if papered correctly. I believe a large number of RAD investors didn't have a clear understanding of what their investment entailed.  I've lost count of the number of RAD investors who posted in the BiggerPockets forums about their "hard money loans" and then having their distributions "frozen". It appears these investors merely provided unsecured loans to RAD who in turn purportedly made loans, although its unclear if that ever happened. Nevertheless, if the RAD investors  actually had loans  collateralized against property they would be in a much better position. I came across one of these loan agreements online somewhere a few months ago, can't recall where I found it but it was clear in reading the loan agreement there was no language referencing the loan actually encumbering real property, it was just an unsecured loan. 

  • Rental Property Investor · New Braunfels, TX · Member since 2022 · 408 posts · 408 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Tom Nagy:
    Quote from @Stuart Udis:

    Yes.  I have 3 joint venture deals that were presented to me as netting 170% profits in 2 years.  Apparently, not only did they sell at a loss, I didn't get any money back at all and they claim I owe them an additional $40,000 for "renovations" despite no work being done to the building at all.  I also have a hard money loan that has had a "freeze" on payments that were supposed to start a year ago.  They give no official closing documents, just internal documents that I'm guessing are fraudulent.


    170% profit in two years is a HUGE red flag🤯
  • New to Real Estate · Orange County, CA · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    This is eerily similar to the unsecured loans I've made and haven't seen a payment on in over two years. In general, would you recommend getting a lawyer in the area where the LLC is registered?

    • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
      1y

      @Bryan Price  hard to say.  These people are not even trying to hide their fraud at this point.  I wish I knew when but they will get shut down for sure one day.  The owners are too arrogant and greedy to pay their investors back and make things right 

  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    1y

    @Tom Nagy It sounds more like you were the victim of a crime than that you lost money in an investment. This new twist of claiming you owe them money is a typical scam tactic to put you on the defensive so you won't contact them about the money they actually owe you. 

    Please consider putting all of your information together in writing with dates, every name you can remember, wire transfer confirmations, what they promised you, what really happened, etc. Then make a report to the SEC and FBI. Both agencies have received reports about RAD in the past. Everytime a new victim comes forward it increases the chances and shortens the timeline for something being done. (800) CALL-FBI and (800) SEC-0330. 

    Don't let them get away with it - make the call.

    • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
      1y

      @Melanie P.  I have all of my information sent to the SEC as do hindreds of us.  It's just a matter of time.  His God complex and giant ego won't allow him to reflect on the damage he's done 

    • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Melanie P.:

      @Tom Nagy It sounds more like you were the victim of a crime than that you lost money in an investment. This new twist of claiming you owe them money is a typical scam tactic to put you on the defensive so you won't contact them about the money they actually owe you. 

      Please consider putting all of your information together in writing with dates, every name you can remember, wire transfer confirmations, what they promised you, what really happened, etc. Then make a report to the SEC and FBI. Both agencies have received reports about RAD in the past. Everytime a new victim comes forward it increases the chances and shortens the timeline for something being done. (800) CALL-FBI and (800) SEC-0330. 

      Don't let them get away with it - make the call.


       Weve Been doing that and the SEC and FBI simply don't care.  Meanwhile they are STILL soliciting new funding and thumbing their noses at over 200 investors or more

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Stuart Udis:

    @Ryan Blake These investments can be secured, or at least better secured if papered correctly. I believe a large number of RAD investors didn't have a clear understanding of what their investment entailed.  I've lost count of the number of RAD investors who posted in the BiggerPockets forums about their "hard money loans" and then having their distributions "frozen". It appears these investors merely provided unsecured loans to RAD who in turn purportedly made loans, although its unclear if that ever happened. Nevertheless, if the RAD investors  actually had loans  collateralized against property they would be in a much better position. I came across one of these loan agreements online somewhere a few months ago, can't recall where I found it but it was clear in reading the loan agreement there was no language referencing the loan actually encumbering real property, it was just an unsecured loan. 


     Very unfortunate as continue to see people who are providing others with money and not understanding until its too late that their money was never secured and was gone the moment they wired those funds

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    1y

    I love that this boiler room clown, Dutch "da loser" Mendenhall, titled his book Money Shackles then used it to put himself on the road to a real set of shackles. Totally out of control. Total loser.

  • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
    1y

    Yes, there are over 100 of us and we are most definitely taking action.  Heavy cases of clear cut fraud and flat out lying to their investors.  The SEC and possibly the FBI will be taking action.  These people market if they are God faring and love America when nothing could be further from the truth.  Lives and life savings have been stolen.  Thanks for your support and justice will be done at some point.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Stuart Udis:

    @Ryan Blake These investments can be secured, or at least better secured if papered correctly. I believe a large number of RAD investors didn't have a clear understanding of what their investment entailed.  I've lost count of the number of RAD investors who posted in the BiggerPockets forums about their "hard money loans" and then having their distributions "frozen". It appears these investors merely provided unsecured loans to RAD who in turn purportedly made loans, although its unclear if that ever happened. Nevertheless, if the RAD investors  actually had loans  collateralized against property they would be in a much better position. I came across one of these loan agreements online somewhere a few months ago, can't recall where I found it but it was clear in reading the loan agreement there was no language referencing the loan actually encumbering real property, it was just an unsecured loan. 


     I chuckled watching this:

    www.instagram.com/raddcompanies/reel/C0MpPY_M3Z-/

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    I love that this boiler room clown, Dutch "da loser" Mendenhall, titled his book Money Shackles then used it to put himself on the road to a real set of shackles. Totally out of control. Total loser.


  • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
    1y

    Well said!  A complete scam and their time will come

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    I can confirm what Tom Nagy is saying. I am also and Inner Circle and REIT investor since 2021. The whole thing is smoke and mirrors. I have two HML that are years past due (250k each). I have a couple JV deals that are complete trash and also they are now asking me for money. I also did one of their 1% deals in St Pete for 100K. The deal did not go through and they never returned my money. Just stolen. I am speaking with an attorney. I had never fallen for a scam like this but Dutch is really believable and uses the God and country stuff to entice investors. He got me good. There's 100s of us though he owes millions to but I doubt there's much of anything left. While none of us will be getting our money back he can live well selling off the remaining assets as long as they don't shut him down. We'll see what happens. At least it's out in the open now. I imagine his partner Amy will blame him when the SEC comes knocking. I think he really believes his own BS. It will be a great future epsiode of American Greed.

  • Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Stuart Udis:

    @Ryan Blake These investments can be secured, or at least better secured if papered correctly. I believe a large number of RAD investors didn't have a clear understanding of what their investment entailed.  I've lost count of the number of RAD investors who posted in the BiggerPockets forums about their "hard money loans" and then having their distributions "frozen". It appears these investors merely provided unsecured loans to RAD who in turn purportedly made loans, although its unclear if that ever happened. Nevertheless, if the RAD investors  actually had loans  collateralized against property they would be in a much better position. I came across one of these loan agreements online somewhere a few months ago, can't recall where I found it but it was clear in reading the loan agreement there was no language referencing the loan actually encumbering real property, it was just an unsecured loan. 


     I chuckled watching this:

    www.instagram.com/raddcompanies/reel/C0MpPY_M3Z-/

     @Chris Seveney  we see lots posts about the mendenhall family and since dutch is ceo and his brother left company etc.  I don't see mcuh on this business partner.  although Dutch is CEO, it is frequently mentioned by him and Amy Vaughn about co-owners and business partnership.  I am curious if anyone on here knows her role in all of this?  I think she is equally responsible if she is 50 / 50 ownership per the offering and through thier own discussions on podcasts, social etc.  she looks horrific.  Her official Facebook seems to have disappeared

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Miller:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Stuart Udis:

    @Ryan Blake These investments can be secured, or at least better secured if papered correctly. I believe a large number of RAD investors didn't have a clear understanding of what their investment entailed.  I've lost count of the number of RAD investors who posted in the BiggerPockets forums about their "hard money loans" and then having their distributions "frozen". It appears these investors merely provided unsecured loans to RAD who in turn purportedly made loans, although its unclear if that ever happened. Nevertheless, if the RAD investors  actually had loans  collateralized against property they would be in a much better position. I came across one of these loan agreements online somewhere a few months ago, can't recall where I found it but it was clear in reading the loan agreement there was no language referencing the loan actually encumbering real property, it was just an unsecured loan. 


     I chuckled watching this:

    www.instagram.com/raddcompanies/reel/C0MpPY_M3Z-/

     @Chris Seveney  we see lots posts about the mendenhall family and since dutch is ceo and his brother left company etc.  I don't see mcuh on this business partner.  although Dutch is CEO, it is frequently mentioned by him and Amy Vaughn about co-owners and business partnership.  I am curious if anyone on here knows her role in all of this?  I think she is equally responsible if she is 50 / 50 ownership per the offering and through thier own discussions on podcasts, social etc.  she looks horrific.  Her official Facebook seems to have disappeared


     based on SEC documents here is what is available:

    Resignation of CFO, Amy Vaughn

    On April 9, 2020, the Company received a formal resignation from its CFO, Amy Vaughn. Amy Vaughn will no longer serve as the chief financial officer ("CFO") for RAD Diversified REIT, Inc. Since an informal notice received on February 27, 2020, Brandon Mendenhall has been serving as interim CFO. A replacement has not yet been identified. Amy Vaughn continues to serve on the Company's Board of Directors.

    In 5/21/2021: 

    Director - Amy Vaughn

    Amy Vaughn Serves as a Director.

    Ms. Vaughn is 40 years old, has a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing and Business Management from Temple University in Philadelphia, and resides in the City of Tampa, FL.

    Ms. Vaughn’s term of office as Director is 5 years, and she has held that position for 2 years.

    There are no formal or informal arrangements or understandings by which Ms. Vaughn is to be selected as a director or nominee of Company.

    One document noted she owned 22% of rad managment. 

    All this information is available on SEC EDGAR site

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Josh Bradbury:

    I can confirm what Tom Nagy is saying. I am also and Inner Circle and REIT investor since 2021. The whole thing is smoke and mirrors. I have two HML that are years past due (250k each). I have a couple JV deals that are complete trash and also they are now asking me for money. I also did one of their 1% deals in St Pete for 100K. The deal did not go through and they never returned my money. Just stolen. I am speaking with an attorney. I had never fallen for a scam like this but Dutch is really believable and uses the God and country stuff to entice investors. He got me good. There's 100s of us though he owes millions to but I doubt there's much of anything left. While none of us will be getting our money back he can live well selling off the remaining assets as long as they don't shut him down. We'll see what happens. At least it's out in the open now. I imagine his partner Amy will blame him when the SEC comes knocking. I think he really believes his own BS. It will be a great future epsiode of American Greed.


    on the HML did U not get a first position mortgage or deed of trust with lenders Alta ? or are these in fact just unsecured notes with no collateral ???
  • Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @James Miller:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Stuart Udis:

    @Ryan Blake These investments can be secured, or at least better secured if papered correctly. I believe a large number of RAD investors didn't have a clear understanding of what their investment entailed.  I've lost count of the number of RAD investors who posted in the BiggerPockets forums about their "hard money loans" and then having their distributions "frozen". It appears these investors merely provided unsecured loans to RAD who in turn purportedly made loans, although its unclear if that ever happened. Nevertheless, if the RAD investors  actually had loans  collateralized against property they would be in a much better position. I came across one of these loan agreements online somewhere a few months ago, can't recall where I found it but it was clear in reading the loan agreement there was no language referencing the loan actually encumbering real property, it was just an unsecured loan. 


     I chuckled watching this:

    www.instagram.com/raddcompanies/reel/C0MpPY_M3Z-/

     @Chris Seveney  we see lots posts about the mendenhall family and since dutch is ceo and his brother left company etc.  I don't see mcuh on this business partner.  although Dutch is CEO, it is frequently mentioned by him and Amy Vaughn about co-owners and business partnership.  I am curious if anyone on here knows her role in all of this?  I think she is equally responsible if she is 50 / 50 ownership per the offering and through thier own discussions on podcasts, social etc.  she looks horrific.  Her official Facebook seems to have disappeared


     based on SEC documents here is what is available:

    Resignation of CFO, Amy Vaughn

    On April 9, 2020, the Company received a formal resignation from its CFO, Amy Vaughn. Amy Vaughn will no longer serve as the chief financial officer ("CFO") for RAD Diversified REIT, Inc. Since an informal notice received on February 27, 2020, Brandon Mendenhall has been serving as interim CFO. A replacement has not yet been identified. Amy Vaughn continues to serve on the Company's Board of Directors.

    In 5/21/2021: 

    Director - Amy Vaughn

    Amy Vaughn Serves as a Director.

    Ms. Vaughn is 40 years old, has a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing and Business Management from Temple University in Philadelphia, and resides in the City of Tampa, FL.

    Ms. Vaughn’s term of office as Director is 5 years, and she has held that position for 2 years.

    There are no formal or informal arrangements or understandings by which Ms. Vaughn is to be selected as a director or nominee of Company.

    One document noted she owned 22% of rad managment. 

    All this information is available on SEC EDGAR site

    thanks..i know from other investors that did the joint venture and inner cirble stuff that she runs the money etc and controls who gts paid.  the company is Tax Auction Investors and seminar solutions...i think from my research on videos etc that was or is thecompany they started as thier education company

  • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
    1y

    She is 100% still involved.  I’m guessing she changed titles to dodge the SEC but I have no actual proof of that.  Complete Ponzi scheme either way and that I do have  proof of that as do hundreds of others 

  • Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Tom Nagy:

    She is 100% still involved.  I’m guessing she changed titles to dodge the SEC but I have no actual proof of that.  Complete Ponzi scheme either way and that I do have  proof of that as do hundreds of others 


     i agree but everyone only discussing the mendenhall brothers and I think she controls the money for they stuff tht most are affected by ..i saw the Mendenhall that no longer works at the company had his cel l number removed after I posted it in the other page

  • Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    1y

    This is last day or so on AMy Vaughn facebook I found...anyone know the guy with her, is he in the business ?  he in lots of her pictures

    Building an empire together!

  • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
    1y

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.