How do you make decisions across a large portfolio? Looking for experienced PMs

How do you make decisions across a large portfolio? Looking for experienced PMs

Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hey everyone, I'm a CS student at GTech working on a tool for property managers and I'm at the research stage where I need to understand the real problems before I write a single line of code.

I'm not here to pitch anything. I genuinely want to understand how experienced property managers handle this:

When you're managing 20, 50, 80+ units across multiple owners, how do you currently know which properties need attention? Is it a gut feeling, a spreadsheet, software alerts, or something else?

Specifically curious about:

  • How do you prepare for conversations with property owners about performance?
  • When an owner asks "should I raise rent?" how do you figure out the answer?
  • What does your monthly reporting process actually look like?

I know I'm new here with 0 posts so I appreciate anyone willing to share. Even a short reply helps me understand the space better.

Thanks

0Reply
36 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.