Start Investing in Real Estate In 2013
I can’t believe a month of 2013 is almost gone. It is amazing how fast time flies. I know many of you might have made a new year’s resolution to get into real estate investing. Well, have you bought any real estate in 2013 yet? Made any offers? What are you waiting for? Now is the time to get in for several reasons.
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
- Real estate is on-sale and it appears that it will be for a little while longer but even now, prices are starting to tick up in some markets. We may have finally hit bottom.
- Other people’s money is extremely cheap right now. I can’t believe how low interest rates are right now. Take advantage now and lock those rates in for as long as you can. They will not last forever.
- There are still a lot of potential deals out there and more to come. Yes, I have heard about hedge funds and such grabbing all of the good deals. But I still see plenty in my market and others as well.
So, as a good friend of mine says, “Don’t wait to buy real estate, buy real estate and wait!” Here are some tips if you want to begin real estate investing now.
- Educate yourself on what a good deal is. Real estate is just numbers. Learn how those numbers work. There is plenty on this site alone to help you.
- Pick a specific area and focus on it. It could be where you live, or where your work. A focus on a specific area will help you spot a deal.
- Make offers! No one is going to hand you the deal. Make an offer! Then make another one.
We are witnessing a perfect storm for real estate investors right now. Indications are that these conditions may not last much longer. So find a deal today. In a few years you will look back and think “Why did I not buy more?”