BiggerPockets Podcast 006: Investing While Holding a Full Time Job with Arthur Garcia
Investing in real estate while holding a full time job may not always get the most discussion in the real estate investing world – but there are thousands (if not millions) of investors who do just that. On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Arthur Garcia, a busy part-time investor who has massed an impressive collection of rental properties while holding a full time job. This show is filled with a ton of really great tips to help any investor – large or small – be more efficient with their investing time. In addition – this was probably the most humorous show to date!
Before we jump into it – we want to once again thank everyone for subscribing to our show in iTunes and leaving us a review. We are up to 99 Five Star reviews and over 25,000 downloads! Thank you to everyone!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In Today’s Podcast, We Cover:
- How to invest when prices are too high in your area.
- How to get started with “buy and hold” investing when you don’t have much money or time.
- How to use use “cost to rebuild” to predict the future of your market.
- Why Arthur and his wife sold their primary residence to live in an apartment while buying rental property.
- The “super creative way” to find flexible lenders.
- How to find “Portfolio loans.”
- A great way to legally get around the "10 loan" limit for mortgages.
- Why investing while holding a job gives you an advantage.
- Tips for finding a great property manager.
- The story of a topless 90 year old woman that finally convinced Arthur to hire a property manager.
“You can’t save your way to serious wealth in retirement.” Tweet This Quote!
“That first rental check fueled my addiction for real estate investing.” Tweet This Quote
“Do everything you can to take advantage of the downturn in the market” Tweet This Quote!
“You gotta draw a line in the sand and place your bet on where you think the market is going to go.” Tweet This Quote!
“To invest in real estate while holding a full time job – you need to find ways to build systems.” Tweet This Quote
“What makes the top performers stand out? The Art of the Side Hustle” Tweet This Quote!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Links from the Show:
Books Mentioned in the Show:
- The BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- How I Turned $1,000 into Three Million in Real Estate in My Spare Time – by William T Nickerson
- How to Win at the Sport of Business by Mark Cuban
About Arthur Garcia
Arthur Garcia is a buy and hold investor in Southern California who is buying up dozens of homes while working a full time job. Arthur acquires properties using a combination of hard money, HELOCs, partnerships and private investors. You can find out more about Arthur at:
(In case you missed the link, click below to listen to the show!)