Regarding Your Maintenance Request – An Open Letter to Tenants
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Thank you for recent maintenance request. We take every request seriously. Please understand that we want your stay with us to be a good one. In that respect, here are some things we ask you to consider.
- We know you want your particular problem fixed as soon as is possible. We do too. Sometimes however it takes time to diagnose and properly fix the issue. We are also likely to try several potential solutions first to see if that solves the problem. So the issue may continue for a bit while we search for a solution. As an example, imagine if you had a headache, you might try aspirin first rather than opt for brain surgery. Same goes for maintenance. We will try replacing an outlet rather than rewiring the entire house.
- Our contractors are good, reliable people and we have used them for many years. They are however busy and often on a tight schedule. They try very hard to work with us on timing but sometimes other jobs take longer than expected or more important problems arise for them. They will work hard to meet your schedule but please do not be angry if they cannot meet your schedule or are late. We all want your problem fixed as soon as is possible.
- Our contractors may need to get inside your home. We understand that your home is important to you, but you want your problem fixed right? If you feel you need to be there when they come to your home that is up to you. We however trust them not to disturb anything in your home unless it is absolutely necessary. Any mess will be repaired and cleaned up.
- Understand that it may take several days and several visits to completely solve your problem. Sometimes parts have to be ordered. Sometimes other contractors need to be brought in. Sometimes permits and inspections are required. Sometimes we simply need to trouble shoot which may take some time. Rest assured we are working on the problem and trying to fix it as soon as possible.
- Please understand that we have limited resources. We know your issue is of the highest concern to you, but there may be other issues that have priority. Gushing water, lack of heat or electrical shorts will take priority over a dripping faucet or broken kitchen drawer. Please be patient, we will get to you.
- Finally, we will do our best to keep you informed of the repair process. Sending us passive/aggressive texts or threatening to call the health department will not change things. You are on the schedule and we will get to you asap.
Thanks again for your understanding. It can be a challenge managing properties. So bear with us, we really do try hard and with think you will ultimately be pleased with our service.