BiggerPockets Podcast 028: Note Investing and Raising Private Money with Dave Van Horn
On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets, we’re going to dive into an area of real estate investing that is largely unknown, yet can be one of the most passive forms of earning lucrative returns: note investing. Our guest today is Dave Van Horn, who has been actively investing in real estate for more than twenty years and currently runs a very successful note business, PPR Note Company. In addition to information on notes and passive income, Dave also has a ton of great tips for any investor looking to raise money for their real estate deals – so definitely don’t miss this valuable and informative show!
Listen to The Show on iTunes (Preferred Method!)
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover
- How Dave used other people’s money to buy real estate
- Attracting private lenders through proper networking
- Dave’s beginning journey into note investing and “Soft-Hard Money”
- Why people sell notes … for steep discounts.
- Buying “delinquent mortgages” for incredibly low amounts
- The kind of discounts you can get from second mortgages
- Strategies for dealing with delinquent payments
- Three ways to get started buying notes
- How much you need to get started investing in notes
- Unique ideas for raising capital and finding accredited investors
- Staying out of trouble when dealing with accredited investors
- The mistake that cost Dave’s company $10,000 when dealing with investors
Links from the Show
BiggerPockets YouTube Chanel
BP Podcast 026: Building a Scalable Real Estate Business and Tenant Management Tips with Chris Clothier
BREAKING NEWS: General Solicitation of Accredited Investors is Now Legal… Who are the Winners and Losers?
The BiggerPockets Forums
The BiggerPockets House Flipping Calculator
Books Mentioned in the Show
Keep your money moving… keep the velocity going. (Tweet This!)
How many deals could you do if you had an unlimited supply of money? (Tweet This!)
Start raising money with the people in your cell phone (Tweet This!)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free