Many investors find themselves trapped by a heated market – but today’s guest shows that it is fully possible to invest in real estate – even in a hot real estate market.
Anson Young, who lives in the Denver area, joins us today to chat about finding great deals locally and virtually, as well as tips for working with agents, dealing with assignments, and a whole lot more. Anson is a fun guy who has a ton of awesome tips to share with everyone, so don’t miss today’s show!
Listen to The Show on iTunes (Preferred Method!)
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover
- The “crap jobs” that led to Anson’s real estate investing career
- How Anson partnered on his first deal without doing any labor
- Finding great deals on the MLS
- How Anson finds the best neighborhoods to invest in
- How to wholesale virtually
- What to do if you don’t have direct MLS access
- Using the “Short Sale Time Machine” to build equity
- How to get around the “non assignment” clause when wholesaling bank repos
- Mistakes made by Anson when getting started
- And much more…
Links from the Show
The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors
The Book on Flipping Houses
The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs
The BiggerPockets Forums
The 21 Best Real Estate Books Ever
The BiggerPockets REI Resource Center
Books Mentioned in the Show:
Working crappy jobs can be a good way to get started with real estate investing (Tweet This!)
Plan with the end in mind. (Tweet This!)
You are either consistent or non-existent. (Tweet This!)
Connect with Anson
Anson’s BiggerPockets Profile
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.