Starting out in the world of house flipping and landlording can be taxing and a lot to take on at first, but it’s all a learning experience, which is why we want you to get to know a master at both, Michael Siekerka.
Michael’s first real estate investing experience was just six months after he graduated college, when he occupied his first purchase by doing a fix and flip. After years of rehabbing properties by partnering with friends for quick income, he eventually found his niche in buy and hold properties. In this informative episode, Michael shares with us how he manages his properties, the criteria he uses to find new places to rent out and the methods he follows to work successfully with hard money lenders and agents to boost his revenue. This is a show to hear if you’re in the market for success!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show We Cover:
- How to partner with friends correctly
- How to go from a fix and flip business plan to buy and hold properties
- Learning to finance correctly
- The dangers of using hard money lenders
- The pros of working with a real estate agent
- How to handle a basement leak — after the property is on the market
- Collaborating with commercial lenders
- Why working a job AND investing can be an ideal setup
- Making sure you have a Plan B
- The positives of working with a showing agent
- How his focuses have changed since his first purchase
- Importance of vetting tenants
- Why you should get references for prospective property managers
- And lots more!
Links from the Show
Online Rent Pay Tools Mike Recommends
Books Mentioned in the Show
Connect with Mike
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.